Chapter 15

Wow, it's been a lifetime since I updated this. Since I wrote the last chapter, I started to lose my love for Riverdale, as I no longer had a passion for the show like I used to.  However, I could never ever stop loving Alice and FP, because they were the reason I loved the show so much in the first place. And recently, my love for them had really come back.  Maybe it's because Skeet is leaving, I don't know, but I have an urge to try and carry on this fanfic from where I left off. I definitely won't be frequently updating, but I'm going to try and write it as best as I can, because I know how frustrating an unfinished fic is! I'm sorry to everyone who's been asking if I'll ever update, or who's been reading my fic from the very start, but I'm here now! Enjoy the next part, not my best work but I'm tryna get back to it! Also, changed the front cover, tell me what you think! X

Alice sat nervously, trying to breathe slowly to calm herself down. There was a woman in front of her, the name "SUSAN STAR" on a sign on her desk, flicking through her CV, tiny glasses perched on the end of her nose. An uncontrollable foot tapped against the floor, as Alice looked around the room to distract herself from her nerves. She was in the Riverdale Register, hoping to become the junior reporter for the local paper. It was a tough decision for her to make; eventually she'd always wanted to become a reporter, the occupation being her dream. But with a baby on the way, she was expected to focus on her pregnancy and prepare for motherhood, not thinking about jobs at all. However, the current financial trouble she and FP were in meant that it was a smart idea for her to get a job, so they could make some extra money. She went to the Diner first, but FP taking up more shifts meant Pop didn't need any more extra help, so Alice moved on to the Five Seasons, asking if there were any cleaner jobs open. They took one look at her and turned her away. And so she ended up at the Register.

"You have an impressive CV here, Miss Smith."

Alice nodded, smiling shyly.

"Impressive grades, and you were the main reporter for the Blue and Gold at Riverdale High."

The woman paused for a second, before placing the papers on her desk and raising her head to look at Alice.

"I think we'll be more than happy to have an extra helping hand. We've already hired a junior reporter, but there's no harm in having another! And of course we'll pay you handsomely for your work."

This was very good news to Alice. Not only was she going to be paid well, it was going to be for something she really enjoyed. 

"Thank you so much, Mrs Star. I really appreciate it."

Mrs Star claimed it was no worry at all. Alice felt a sense of relief, extremely excited to tell FP that she'd managed to get a job.  She then remembered something else that the woman had mentioned.

"Who's the other junior reporter? Anyone I'd know?"

"You may do." Mrs Star said brightly, " Hal Cooper. Lovely young lad he is."

Alice's face dropped. Anyone but him. Anyone.

"Oh," Alice said quietly, not wanting to make a scene, "Yeah, I went to school with him."

"Perfect! Well, I'm sure you'll get on fine then!"

Nodding reluctantly, Alice sighed. They most certainly would not get on fine. Alice actually couldn't think of anything worse, but instead of worrying about the tension between her new coworker, she thought of how much the money would benefit herself and her beautiful, kind, wonderful boyfriend. They both deserved it, and so did their baby that they would soon be bringing into the world.

So, Alice walked out of the Register with a slight sinking feeling in her stomach, not wanting to have to look at Hal's sour face. But she knew she would be doing it for a good cause.