Chapter 14

I'm back!
I've decided I'm not going to update every week because that is seriously pushing it 😂 but I'll do it when I can. Excuse this chapter, it's kinda crap because I wrote it really quickly, but enjoy anyway. Please comment down below; I love reading positive feedback on my work! Xx

When Alice awoke, she stretched, expecting FP to be sound asleep beside her. At weekends, FP liked a lie in, as he didn't have to work. That was why Alice found it odd that his side of the bed was stone cold. Turning slowly, Alice looked at the clock. It read 8:00 am. Even on a normal day, 8:30 would be the time that FP got ready for work, moaning that it was too early. Alice got out of bed and headed into the kitchen, hoping that maybe FP was making breakfast. He wasn't. Trying to think of where he could be, Alice decided on ringing Fred, to see if FP was round there.

"Hey Fred, is FP round yours?" Alice, aske when Fred picked up.

"No. It's just me, Mary and Hermione. Hermione's crashing at ours. Did she tell you what happened with Hiram?"

As much as she loved gossiping with Fred, Alice really didn't want to chat.

" Uh, yeah. Do you know where FP might be?"

Alice heard Fred pause on the other line.

"He's probably at the shop or something, I don't know. Stop stressing yourself out Alice, he'll be fine. I bet you he's in the chocolate aisle right now, buying the biggest box of chocolates for his beautiful, pregnant girlfriend."

Sighing, Alice's shoulders relaxed a little.

" Thanks Fred."

" No worries. Remember not to overwork yourself, it can't be good for my godchild."

Alice laughed.

" Already self proclaiming yourself as the godfather of my baby, are you?"

" Who else is going to?"

Alice smiled, relieved to hear a car pull up outside the trailer.

" I have to go. I think FP's back. Thanks again."

" I'm always here if you need someone to talk to."

They both hung up and Alice headed over to the window, seeing FP step out of a car she didn't recognise. A Serpent with a shaved head was in the driver seat, FP talking to him with the car door open. Alice could tell that they were in the middle of a disagreement. She hid behind the curtain, attempting to listen to their conversation through the thin glass of the windows.

" He's not happy, you know." Alice heard the Serpent say.

" Yeah I get that. We need to sort this out. Quickly." FP sounded frustrated.

" How? We don't know who's stolen them."

" I don't care. We just need a new batch as soon as possible."

You've got to be kidding me, Alice thought, knowing exactly what they were talking about. She heard the car door slam and footsteps towards the trailer, before a key turned in the lock. Alice sat down on the sofa, legs together, hands on her knees. FP came round the corner, chucking his keys on the dining room table. When he saw Alice, he looked startled.

" Al, I was hoping I'd be back before you woke up."

Alice ignored what he said completely, jumping straight to what she wanted to say.

"Are you dealing drugs again?"

FP's face dropped.

" You heard my conversation didn't you."

Alice was on her feet now, shaking her head.

" Jesus, FP! I thought you said the Serpents had stopped making deals with the drug trade!"

" We need the money."

" The Serpents are doing fine-"

" No! We- us, as in me and you and our baby. Pop's is giving me a wage, sure, but not enough for us to live on. With the drug money we recieved, the Serpents said I could take fifty percent of it for us." FP paused, not sure whether to carry on. He found the right words to say. "But things turned to shit and someone stole the drugs and now the dealer is pissed." FP flopped onto the sofa, head in his hands. When he looked up at Alice, she could see the tears in his eyes. Alice had only ever seen him cry once, when his dad was taken to prison. " I thought it would be sorted. I fucked up. I'm so sorry Al." His head went back into his hands. She rushed over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"It's okay," she said, their foreheads touching, "We'll figure this out. I'll look for a job. I can get some money from that. And I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind lending us some to get us on our feet."

FP nodded, sighing. Somehow, they would get out of this mess. Alice didn't know how, but they would.