Chapter 7

When Alice woke up, she decided she needed coffee. Twisting out of FP’s arms, she put on one of his flannel shirts and made her way into the kitchen. Having spent most of her recent weekends here, she knew exactly where everything was. Mug in the top left cupboard, coffee in the red tin next to the sink, milk in the fridge. FP walked in yawning and stretched. He went over to Alice and stood behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. She smiled and lent into him.

“ You look hot in my flannel,” he said.

As she turned, FP trailed soft kisses down her neck. His lips eventually met her she grasped his hair. Alice propped herself up onto the counter as FP put his hand on her leg, his kisses moving back to her neck. Alice closed her eyes, enjoying every moment, until she felt something horrible forming in the bottom of her throat. She pushed FP back and jumped off the counter, rushing over to the sink. FP watched her throw up, arms folded, not really sure what to do.

“ I didn't realise I could be so nauseating,” he commented, a glint in his eye.

Alice rolled her eyes but managed to smile. FP finished making Alice’s coffee and put it on the side next to her. Then he held her hair as she threw up again. After a minute or two, Alice lifted her head back up.

“ You okay now?” FP asked.

Alice nodded, a small but tired smile across her face. FP passed her the coffee and she sipped it gratefully, letting him kiss her on the top of the head before leaving the room. Alice watched him for a second before going into the living room and throwing herself down onto the sofa. She curled up next to an armrest and took another sip of her coffee. Placing the mug down on the table, she closed her eyes, and in minutes was asleep.