The Epic Realignment

I KISSED RAJESH KOOTHRAPPALI.

Waking up, a smile is already plastered on my face. Or perhaps it never went away? I enjoy the sensation of the duvet on top of me, as well as cuddling the one next to me: My favourite bear, Pennywise. What, you didn't think Raj and I moved that fast, did you? Still smiling, I get out of bed and enter the living room. Penny is slouched across the couch, looking tiredly at me as I enter, furrowing her brows at my smile.
"Why are you so happy?" she asks.
"Oh, no reason..." I say, with a hint of mischievousness apparent in my voice.
"Okay," Penny replies, lowering her head and closing her eyes. I frown, displeased.
"Well, there might be a reason..." I try, pouring us a glass of wine. Penny doesn't react. I sigh and put down the glass in front of her. Her eyes widen.
"Lucille, it's, like, 9 in the morning," she says.
"Is that a problem?" I ask. She takes a second, then shrugs and takes a big sip.
"If you keep smiling like that, though, I might need another glass. You're creeping me out," I realise that I haven't let my smile falter for even one second ever since waking up.
"I'm sorry. It's just that something happened last night,"
"What?"
"Why don't you take a guess!" I say excitedly, bursting with eagerness of Penny realising. She raises her eyebrows.
"Okay... you entered into a crazy dare to keep smiling? Oh God, tell me you and Sheldon aren't testing who can smile the longest..." I shake my head. "You were possessed by a demon? One of your fanfics reached 20K reads? DUDE, did you get laid?" Penny is now sitting upright, clutching her glass.
"No, no, and no," I tell her, still smiling widely. She lets her shoulders slump, defeated.
"Why would anyone smile so widely unless they got laid..." she mutters. "Wait..." she then says slowly, narrowing her eyes. "Did you ki-"
"I KISSED RAJESH KOOTHRAPPALI," I burst, and Penny and I start squealing together, wide-eyed and open-mouthed.
"Tell me everything," she says, getting up to fetch the open bottle of red wine on the kitchen counter. And so I do. I tell her about Raj's initial anger, - which, let's be honest, was kind of hot - of our realisation that he spoke to me without having drunken alcohol, - to which Penny squealed: "You broke his spell! And now you're drinking more alcohol than him!" - and finally of our passionate, steamy kisses that seemed to go on and on and left me in a rouse so intense and all-consuming that I hardly remember how I got back to the apartment. As I finish, Penny is left with an open mouth and an almost hypnotised stare.
"Ho... ly shit," she exclaims, shaking her head as if to compose herself. "That is one of the hottest things I've ever heard. I never thought you, Lucille, and him, Raj, could pull of something sexy like that," she says with a laugh.
"Gee, thanks, Penny," I frown. She doesn't stop laughing.

Standing in front of the entrance to Caltech University, I find myself smiling. I know, I'm doing that a lot today. And while the #Rucille kiss (Lujesh? Racille?) greatly nourishes that smile, another happy feeling empowers it as I realise that I'm back. Back to my friends, back to work, back to... well, almost back to work. I do need to talk to Siebert first.
"Davenport?" a voice behind me calls. I turn my head to see Leslie Winkle.
"Winkle," I say heartedly to which she retorts her lovely, condescending glare.
"Why are you just standing there? Are you waiting for the doors to open? You know, you just have to step a little closer," she says and takes a few steps forward to which the doors open. I sigh.
"I'm taking it all in," I say. "I know for sure that this is where I'm supposed to be. And I'm trying to relish in that feeling."
"Okay..." she says. "But didn't you get a top-notch job somewhere else?"
"Yes,"
"Where you got to be your own boss?"
"Yes,"
"And you gave that up to be here?"
"Yes,"
"Where you used to work as an assistant to Rajesh Koothrappali?"
"Yes," I say, warmth bursting in my heart. I kissed Rajesh Koothrappali. Haha!
"So, what, you gave it all up for a boy?" she asks. Wow, her face is like 5 centimetres from mine.
"Actually, no," I say. "I gave it up for my chance to work in an environment where I feel my best." Neither of us remove our faces from the close position they're in. I wonder if she wants to kiss me. "And..." I continue, "it just so happens that a certain boy works here," I shrug, unable to hide a grin as I walk backwards towards the entrance, taking in Leslie's scowl, and really, really hoping the doors have opened.