Welcome Home.

Sarah listened intently to the crunching of the gravely surface as she apprehensively treaded along the expanse of the foreign planet.

Her head moved in a continuous one hundred and eighty degree rotation - back and forth - as she walked, while her eyes remained wide and unblinking. She knew nothing of this planet - including whether or not she was alone on it - and the last thing she wanted was to be caught off guard. By anything.

The fact that she was able to breathe without hassle was a welcome reassurance, at least; if its air composition wasn't hazardous to her it meant that the planet couldn't be all that harmful.

She had no recollection of how she ended up on the unfamiliar land. She couldn't have transported herself - there was no ship that could serve as evidence that she had - and her crew certainly wouldn't have dropped her off on foreign ground with no warning.

Regardless of how she'd ended up there, the fact of the matter was that she was there, and she needed to find her way out as soon as possible.

It wasn't the biggest of planets, so Sarah managed to circumnavigate the entire surface within a mere five minutes, and so could deduce that other than a few clustered populations of space bugs and some sprouting vegetation, she was the single-most living thing on the planet.

In all honesty, if you'd asked her, she wouldn't have been able to tell you which scenario she'd prefer - being alone or not. At least it meant that she wouldn't be faced with any hostile threats but conversely, it also meant she was without aid to assist her in leaving the planet.

An aggravated sigh slipped past her lips as he came to rest in front of a purple-tinged lake, choosing a nearby rock as a seat. She set her arms on her knees and gazed up at the ever-expanding galaxy, praying to the stars and hoping that someone back at the base would hear her.

She wasn't sure how long she'd stargazed for, but she was interrupted by the sound of her name being called.

Sarah...

The voice was high and shrilly and it made her skin crawl. She hurriedly looked around her for the source but couldn't see anyone, and a strange feeling settled in the pit of her stomach.

Sarah...

Sarah gasped recoiled in horror as she looked down at the waters - a ghastly face was looking over her shoulder. Springing off of the rock, she turned around instantaneously, but there was nothing behind her.

Sarah...

The voice seemed closer now, and Sarah forced herself to gaze into the water once again but kept her body titled so that she could still see behind her. She swallowed even though her mouth was dry; the space behind her remained empty, but the figure still appeared hovering behind her reflection.

Sarah...

The figure reached out for her and nauseatingly enough, she felt its bony fingers dig into her shoulder.

Welcome... home.