Newbie.

To say that Jesy and Nick didn't like each other wouldn't be an entirely true statement.

It wasn't that she didn't like Nick, it was simply that the two were nearly polar opposites - he was boisterous and annoyingly energetic, while she was orderly and much more laser-focused - meaning they didn't agree on most things.

Then there was the fact that he was the newbie hunter that - out of all twenty recruits - she managed to be assigned as a mentor to. Jesy hated orientation season; the newbies were way too... fresh, for her liking. She preferred working with experienced hunters only. Newbies were always problematic.

Like right now, for instance. They had just revived a massive lead regarding a pack of werewolves, and what other way would the newbies possibly choose to prepare for the hunt than by harassing her? Having spent virtually the entirety of her morning cleaning up after their holy water and salt battle, Jesy decided to retire to the bunker, praying that they would leave her alone long enough for her to finally work on the hunt. But alas, Lady Luck was clearly not on her side, since Nick and his friends decided to pile in soon after.

Jesy decided to block them out and pretend that there weren't currently three man-children surrounding her. She was doing a pretty good job at it too, before...

"Hey, Jess, catch!" Nick called before tossing a dagger her way.

Ducking, Jesy managed to dodge the air-borne object, causing it to hit the wall behind her instead, imbedding itself into it. That was the final straw.

"That's it!" She threw her hands up before pointing and glaring at Nick. "I'm putting you in time-out; when we go out on this mission, you're not leaving the car unless you're being dragged out by a werewolf!"

~

Moving slowly and carefully so as not to make too much noise and give away her location, Jesy rounded tree after tree, keeping a sharp eye out for any sign of supernatural creatures.

Hearing a noise behind her, she turned around hastily, only to be pushed roughly into a wide tree. She recognised the assailant as Nick.

"What are you doing, you idio-"

She was cut off by the sudden sensation of his lips on hers, moving slowly yet with an intensity that took your breath away - literally and figuratively.

She wasn't sure how long they'd been kissing for, and when the two of them finally pulled apart she felt dazed.

Opening her mouth with the intention of asking Nick what the hell just happened, she was silenced before she even spoke by his finger on her lips. Thinking he was about to explain himself to her, Jesy stood still and looked expectantly at him, but he never spoke.

Instead, he shot an approaching werewolf in the heart with his gun.

"Ha!" he exclaimed before running off to hunt down the rest, leaving Jesy confused and alone in the dark.

"That son of a-"