12 - The Spring Festival

The festival. It was time for the festival. Y/n sighed in relief. She had finally fixed her hair into a neat braid with a small hair accessory. Y/n's hair wasn't the easy to groom. Now, she just hoped Obito was able to get ready himself. She bought them new kimonos just for today. 

Eeeeek! Today will be the day that Obito and Rin will finally be together! 

Y/n was overreacting. She didn't know Rin agreed to go as friends. There was only a very small chance Rin would fall for her bestfriend. 

Y/n smiled. She took out her very special " only for the spring festival " box. It contained all her accessories and memories from previous years. She sniffed the box before opening it. " Ahhh, my beautiful sandals! They still look fresh and new. " She said, taking them out and putting them on her petite feet. 

Y/n opened her umbrella outside, because you know, bad luck. It was a pale pink shade. She's had that umbrella since she was a child. It was a gift from Obito during a previous festival. 

-

Kakashi was already at the festival, sitting on a bench. He had decided to let his down without his forehead protector. Mainly because he was too lazy. He accepted Guy's invite to join his little crew during the festival.  He seemed to be a bit early. He hoped to see Y/n at least once. 

" Yo, Kakashi "

Kakashi looked up. It was Genma speaking with Guy and Asuma behind him. " Oh, hi. " He said. Asuma smiled. " Ha, couldn't you be a little more excited? Girls in kimonos, y'know? " He said. Kakashi shifted his gazed to Guy giving him somewhat of a glare. " What? " Guy said, shrugging. Genma chuckled. " You only say that because you like Kurenai  " He said to Asuma.  Kakashi sighed. " Uh, anyways let's get going " Kakashi interrupted. " Oh yeah, let's go " Guy said.

-

Obito looked at his kimono. " Hmm - ugh, I should have just gone to Y/n's place " He murmured. He walked to Y/n house  to find her walking outside with an umbrella. Obito blushed. Woah...Y/n looks really pretty all of the sudden.

" Hi Obito! Wow, I'm surprised you did it correctly by yourself. " Y/n said

" O-Oh thanks, I-I guess " Obito stuttered, touching the back of his head. Y/n smiled. " You look very handsome! I'm sure Rin will think so too! " She said, grabbing his hand and dragging him to Rin's house. Obito sighed in the lovey-dovey kind of way. He imagined Rin in a kimono. How her hair framed her face so perfectly and-

" Obito, don't just stand there walk." Y/n asked, tugging on his arm. 

" Huh? Of course I am! " Obito said taking his head out of the clouds.

Timeskip

Once they reached Rin's house, Y/n ducked behind a big ass bush. She motioned for Obito to knock on Rin's door.  Obito made an ' eh ' face and knocked on the door.  There was no answer.

Obito knocked again, but again no answer. " Um, Y/n, what if she left already? She's not answering. " He asked. " Just do it again " Y/n motioned to the door. Obito sighed. Before he could knock again, the door swung open. Y/n ducked down quickly.

" Obito! Sorry! Oh gosh, it's time isn't it? " Rin said.

" A-ah, yeah. Let's go " Obito said.

As Obito and Rin walked away, Obito looked back at Y/n with a worried look. Y/n just smiled and gave him a thumbs up.  Y/n was going to keep her promise as Obito's wingman. She was going help her friend throughout the night. 

At the festival

Obito, Rin, and Y/n , who was hidden in the shadows, finally made it to the festival. " Uwahhh! Obito the lights are so pretty " Rin said, pointing at multiple lanterns. Rin was going to fast for Obito. She kept pointing to different things and going off to different place.