17 - you've done it.

It didn't seem much of a big deal anymore. Not with everything going on. It seemed almost as if it had slipped into the past. Though, it put a distance between Kakashi and Y/n.

"As you may know, the chunin exams are coming up, and I recommend all three of you to take it," Minato announced as the team all sat for lunch.

"Ah, that's good, I thought I'd be a genin forever," Rin took a sip of her water.

"When will they be held?" Y/n question sitting next to Rin. She reached for the lunch boxes and passed them out to everyone, along with chopsticks.

"Next week," Their teacher smiled. "I think all of you can pass."

"Of course we are," Obito replied, and took his seat on the other side of Y/n. "I mean we successfully dismantled an enemy base on the border of our lands! How much harder can the chunin exams be??"

"With the war going on, I think that it'll be a bit harder. They're really pushing the exams and it's a fierce competition, Obito," Rin replied before thanking Y/n for handing her a lunch box.

"True, I heard there's more participants this year than ever. It's just our village alone too. Kids even younger than us are participating," Y/n added. "This war is rushing everything to end it quickly. It's scary to think about it. If it doesn't improve, chunin might be sent to the front lines. My only hope is that genin don't get thrown out there. It's not a place for ninja who haven't even had actual combat experience to be."

"It's my hope too," Minato sighed. "But it can't be helped. War is never a pretty thing."

But it was too bad for Y/n. The war would only get worse. It was the only reason that they had graduated so early. The war got more and more fierce from the b-rank mission on. Y/n wondered if they would have to take a life of another. It only seemed realistic. As a shinobi, you were supposed to fight for your land and protect those in your village. But seemed too cruel. Konoha seemed like it was fighting alone. There were no allies in this war.

"Alright then," Obito wore a smile. "Let's do our best to pass the exam."

Y/n laughed at Obito's positive output. He only knew what to say when things got heavy like now. It was a good point of his character. She sighed and looked behind Obito for the sight of Kakashi. He was probably off by himself trying to perfect his newest move. He was improving immensely each day, it almost scared Y/n. "He should eat."

"What was that?" Rin asked, taking a bite of her rice.

"Kakashi, it's a grueling practice for him even if he's already a chunin, he needs to eat," Y/n sighed and got up.

"Ah, Y/n! It's okay, I'll give it to him, sit down," Obito took the lunch box from her hands and prompted her to sit back down.

Obito got up quickly on his feet and made his way to the other side of the training ground. Kakashi always liked to run the extra mile, Obito knew that. He would admire Kakashi for it, but Obito was boy with pride. He was going to be better than Kakashi and put him in his place. For now though, he was only a rival. Not an enemy. Which is why Obito understood that Kakashi needed to eat.

"Hey, Kakashi!" Obito called. He ran up to him and handed the lunch box to him with the chopsticks laying flat on top. "You should at least eat before trying to do something dumb."

"It's not dumb," Kakashi took the lunch box from Obito. "It's something useful you wouldn't understand."

"Yeah, whatever your special lightning technique Minato-sensei taught you," Obito rolled his eyes and took a seat next to Kakashi. "We get you're his favorite."