16- kiss, kiss, fall in love!

A/n: Hoi, it's been a hot ass minute since this happened I know. But I just...wanna write some stuff rn okay? And like a lil update on me, I've watched CoWbOy BeBoP FINALLY LMAOOOO, and KNY they are both just wonderful, i rlly love them :(. like Faye is hella hot and Giyuu is too. SPike is a ripped ass man and so is the bg demon slayer during the spider arch ANYWAYS, IM ACTUALLY TRYING TO UPDATE SO JUST BE PATIENT WITH MY LAME ASS. Also like halfway writing this, my go-to romance song came on and I was like *gasp* ok then...it was meant to be.

Y/n yawned walking to the village gates. It was early in the morning, so early that the hokage was only just on his way home. She was glad that she had slept almost right after practice, otherwise, she would've woken up late.

"G'morning, Hokage-sama" y/n greeted and bowed.

The hokage waved, absolutely tired still having a stack of papers in his arm. "Hello, on a mission I see" he replied rubbing his head.

"Uh yes, we have a joint mission with team Choza. However, I was divided into a trio with Guy and Kakashi" Y/n responded, nodding her head.

"Ah, you're on minato's team. Well then, good luck. I hear you genin are very promising this generation" Lord third waved her off, continuing his way home.

Y/n bowed and continued her way as well. She thought about what the the lord third said and smiled. "promising, this generation", she thought, "What a suitable way to describe us".

Meanwhile, Guy was standing at the gates waiting for Y/n, Kakashi, and Choza Akimichi. They were going to be the assault joint of the mission. Meanwhile, the rest of the two teams would be the internal joint, who set traps and make an indirect pathway for the assault joint. The two teams are the most promising of all genin, so they were assigned a b-rank mission.

Soon enough, Kakashi was walking up to the gates. Guy's face light up in delight. "Kakashi!! My one and only rival!!" He shouted, pointing dramatically at him. Kakashi waved weakly before shoving his hand back into his pocket. His hair looked shaggier than ever and his walk was sluggish. Guy crinkled his nose and put his hands on his hips. 

"What happened to you??" Guy asked, jutting his hip out and pointing to Kakashi's hair.

"Hm, well, I was planning with Minato-sensei and Choza-sensei, for the mission, and my home's pretty far away, so I spent good portion of my sleep time walking. We were coming up with a strategical plan." Kakashi said, attempting to comb his hair out.

"Oh, well Y/n-chan is in our assault division so-"

"I know" Kakashi cut him off quite harshly. 

"Yeesh, seems like you quite like her a lot for you to be angry at me just for talking about her" Guy smiled.

"Guy, just be quiet if you don't know anything" Kakashi mumbled, quietly adjusting his backpack straps.

"Kakashi, you can't fool me. You've already told me everything" Guy replied, confidently.

Kakashi inwardly groaned, as he face-palmed. "Alright then, Guy. Sure, I'm head over heels for Y/n and I'm irritated that you know, but she doesn't" He spoke only half joking. After a moment of silence, Kakashi looked at Guy to see why he wasn't responding.

Guy had an almost horrified expression on his face. His mouth was slightly opened and his jutted hip now sank miserably and out of place. He blinked as if he was going to say something, but just closed his mouth.

"Well...uh...I'm going to be honest. I wasn't expecting that" Guy said.

"I was joking" Kakashi sighed, as he rubbed his eyes.