2.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people

1 Timothy 2:5-6

The mediator between God and mankind is indeed Jesus. Sometimes when God gives you certain signals, we might not understand that....we might get confused....we might think why did God do that....why me....why them.....but, what we don't realize is that, there is a reason for everything you do in this world...and if you look in the life of Jesus Christ, you would find the answers to all your questions.
Jesus being the ransom is such  a big example for sacrificial love. Some of us might think...but why did God send his own son to do this? Well, what we don't realize is the fact that, God sending his own son means God sending himself. They are one. The Holy Trinity is The Father The Son and The Holy Spirit, who are one.
If you really think about it, what God is showing is  pure love. Would anybody let their own children get killed in front of them? No they would try to save them, get them out in some possible way....and when everything closes...they self sacrifice....giving themselves so that their loved ones would live. God here, didn't give himself just for his own people.....He gave himself for all people...and that my brothers and sisters....is the most greatest act of all.