part 13

My pencil paused on my paper as a knock sounded on the door.
"Noir, may I come in?" My mother's soft voice drifted into the room and I nodded before giving my verbal consent after realizing she couldn't see me nod with the door closed. I focused again on my paper as she walked in, setting down a plate of sandwiches. No one said anything for a while until I turned in my desk chair to look at her.
She was sitting on my bed, looking at me. She blinked when I faced her. I raised an eyebrow.
"Did you...need something..?" I asked quietly, trying to say it without triggering her "sass" detector all mothers have. She hesitated before smiling.
"I wanna know ALLLLLL about the library. " she said, and I tilted my head at her in confusion.
"What do you mean 'the library'?" I asked. She laughed.
"The library you went to with the Kim boy last night..?" I felt my breathing hitch as I remembered that she did not know that was not where I was.
"Ah, right..the library..that I most certainly was at..with the Kim boy.." I answered, turning back in my seat slowly.
"I wanna know every little detail. What did you guys do? Did you eat? Did he feed you? DID HE PAY?"
"Um. There was books."
"He bought you some books?!"
"Uh..no. There were books... at the library. " I replied lamely. My mom's excitement melted away as she gave me a look that very clearly said:
"Uh no DER."
I rolled my eyes.
"We studied. That's it."  She sighed and picked at my comforter.
"How disappointing. " she said, and I whipped my head to look at her. She saw me looking and quickly changed her demeanor.
"I-I mean..good. You're too young."
"MOM."
"I'M LEAVING I'M LEAVING!"

~At school~

Namjoon and I haven't made eye contact once today. At lunch Mia and I heard his friends teasing him about Annalise, and she gave me a confused look. I sighed and looked down, picking at my food.
"So uh...if you and Namjoon...did the do," she cringed, "why is he talking about Annalise so much?" I shrugged.
"He probably told them he was with her the other night." I said quietly.

"Dude! You guys musta had fun, eh?" One of Namjoon's buddies said, elbowing him in the side as Annalise came to sit in his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her shoulder, pressing a soft kiss against her neck.
"She rocked my world~"
"Damn right." She responded, giving him a small wink.

I watched them from the table next to them, my eyes wide and mouth open in disbelief.
"What..the actual..f****." I heard Mia say.
One of Namjoon's buddies saw us staring and laughed, pointing at us.
"Hey Nam! Looks like someone's jealous!" I felt myself grind my teeth as I resisted the urge to fire an insult back. Namjoon turned and looked at me, and we made eye contact.

I immediately knew something was off.

His eyes...they were darker..duller..

"Ha! In her dreams." Namjoon replied, laughing and turning back to the conversation.

Grrr...

---------------------------------------------------------
Huehuehuehue

Your annoying author,
ArtsyGrace