part 15

"-pink, this is important, the cupcakes have to be vanilla with pink buttercream frosting no chocolate! Are you even listening?!" Annalise's sharp voice screeched in my ear, and I flinched away from her. I nodded silently and adjusted the pile of binders and books in my arms as I walked next to her.
I was slowly starting to remember when we would go shopping together and she would ask me about my day, then proceed to tell me about hers before I had even answered.
She really does talk a lot.
Like, an obsessive amount.

She continues rambling on as I follow behind her, setting her stuff down next to her in her class before hurrying off to my own. Mia plopped into the seat next to me, nudging me with her shoulder.
"So, how was assistant duty?"
"Awful. I hope whoever is her next sidekick is deaf. For their sake." I replied, and we both laughed as the bell rang, signaling the start of class.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Mia asked as I threw my backpack in my locker and closed it. I nodded confidently.
"We just have to expose her-"
"Expose who?" I jumped at the voice behind me.
Holy Jesus on a cracker.
"Namjoon. Uh..hey." I said, turning around to face him.
"Hi. What are you guys talking about? Are you guys talking about Annalise?" He asked, looking between the both of us. I blinked and narrowed my eyes slightly, hesitant on answering.
"Well, actually-"
"Isn't she amazing?! She's so pretty and smart and I can't believe she chose me as her partner. God I love her." Namjoon ranted. I felt my eyes widen and my jaw drop to the floor.
"P-Partner..?" I questioned, slowly regaining my posture but still a bit iffy.
Namjoon nodded excitedly, a smile on his face.
"Yeah! We're gonna crush the Couple's Olympics. Well, see ya around!" He waved goodbye before turning and walking away.
"Hm, I forgot they were doing that again." I slowly turned to face her, my eyes still widened. She blinked and eyed me up and down, then smiled.
"Wanna be my partner?"
"Duh." I responded rolling my eyes and she laughed.
"That was kinda weird though. Who would ever talk about Annalise like that? It sounded like...he liked her." 
I nodded quickly and gave her a "I know right?!" look.
"I know! She's gotten into his head and I'm going to kick her out!"
"That's the spirit!" Mia responded, cheering me on. She stopped suddenly and her face dropped.
"What?"I asked.
"How are we gonna do that?" She asked. I blinked and shrugged.
"No idea. I guess we'll figure it out as we go." I replied.
"But first," Mia said as her stomach growled, "-can we please find food?" I laughs and nodded, hooking my arm through hers and walking towards the exit of the school.
"Absolutely."

I laughed as I saw Mia's jaw drop as she looked towards the pizzaria door.
"What?" I said, turning in my seat to look. There stood Namjoon and Annalise, with Jungkook and Jenny.
The demon couples.
Mia looked down at her food as Jungkook looked around the small place, seemingly looking for a spot. He locked eyes with me and waved, before grabbing Jenny's arm and striding towards us.
"Is he coming?" Mia whispered. I nodded and continued on my sausage pizza.
"Hey guys."
"Hi Jungkook." I said, looking up and giving him a polite smile. He returned it then looked over at Mia, who was silent and staring down at her cheese pizza.
"Hey Mia." She nodded in response but didn't look up. Jungkook's face fell slightly and he sighed as Jenny clung to his arm like a friggin koala.
"Well, I um..I just came over to say hi. I'll um..I guess I'll see you later?" He said awkwardly, giving me a small wave and flashing Mia a small smile.
She wasn't looking to see it.
I gave him a sympathetic look and waved back.
"Yeah bye."
"Bye."
I turned to Mia and pounded my fist on the table.
"Mia! Really?!"
"What." She replied, looking up at me for the first time in the past five minutes.
"What the funnel cake was that?!"
"I don't know what you are talking about."
"THAT IS BULLCRAP!" I yelled.
"Noir!" Mia hissed as everyone turned to look at our table, including the two demon spawns of couples. I laughed nervously and waved at everyone, waiting until they turned back to their own pizzas.
"That's bullcrap!" I said again, whispering.
She rolled her eyes.
"Mia Murner I will ground you!"
"You're not my mom!" She laughed, and I pointed my fork at her.
"Don't think I won't."