My Only Friend ⚜ Chapter One

I may be a part of the Malfoy family by blood, but it sure doesn't feel that way. I resemble my family physically, with long locks of blindingly blonde hair. Other than that, I don't see how I was ever born into this family. I find it disgusting how my family treats others, especially muggle-born wizards or those who aren't of pure-blood.

        My twin brother Draco just wants our parents to accept and love him. He doesn't question the values of our parents and treats others exactly as my father does. He longs for Father to be proud of him and will do anything to impress him. Father is never impressed. I for one, do not try and impress my parents. Actually, I try to stay as quiet and invisible as possible around my family. Somehow, they always find a way to bring me down.

        This brings me to Dobby, our house elf. Dobby is the only one I like in this family. Of course my family doesn't treat him as family, they treat him as a slave. His fragile frame is always covered in bruises and his mind filled with dreadful insults. I stay in my room quite frequently, and Dobby always makes sure to stop by when all his chores are finished and everyone has gone to bed. Dobby is my only friend.

        "(Y/N)..." the door creaked as Dobby poked his head out from behind the door. I gave Dobby permission to call me by my first name, rather than have him call me Master. I hated that. Dobby had trouble with the idea of calling me by my name, but I could tell it made him feel happy.

        "Yes, Dobby?" I asked curiously.

        "Master Draco received his Hogwarts acceptance letter tonight at dinner."

        "Oh..." I muttered. It had been a few days after our eleventh birthday so I was expecting we'd get our letters soon. I was disappointed, to say the least, that Draco had gotten one and I hadn't. I would skip dinner at the table often and no one seemed to mind, so it wasn't strange that I had missed Draco getting his letter.

        Dobby sat beside me on the edge of my bed, his large pointy ears brushing against my arm as he looked at his feet. He looked up at me with his big eyes and hopeful smile. "(Y/N), you would be the greatest witch to ever live. Hogwarts must be stupid if they can't see that! But if your letter never comes, you can stay here with Dobby." Those words were meant to be comforting, but they were anything but. 

        "Thanks, Dobby..." I forced a small smile and looked down at him. 

        Suddenly we heard a tapping on the window. Confused, we walked up to the window and saw an owl tapping the glass with it's beak. I saw a letter in it's feet and gasped once I noticed the Hogwarts stamp on it. I reached for the window and quickly opened it, taking the letter from the owl and thanking it. 

        "Oh my Godric, Dobby!" I looked down at him with such excitement I was almost bursting. 

        "Open it, open it!" Dobby encouraged me as he jumped up and down. 

        I rushed to my bed and sat down, opening the letter as fast as my fingers would allow. I read it aloud to Dobby.

"Dear Ms. Malfoy,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagallDeputy Headmistress"

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress"

        I looked at Dobby and smiled from ear to ear. "This is the day I've dreamt of for so long. I'm finally going to Hogwarts, Dobby."

        thanks for reading! this story will mostly be based off of the movies. i will try and update this story every friday. this is the first story i've written on wattpad so comments are very much welcome!