The Black Lake ⚜ Chapter Ten

Tomorrow was the day we were going back to Hogwarts. I had been mailing Luna back and forth about how I was so excited to see her again when I realized maybe I should send Ron a letter. After all, he was the one that consumed my thoughts most of the time. I picked up my quill and started a new letter.

"Dear Ron,

Thanks again for inviting me out with you and your brothers, I had a blast. 
See you back at school!

(Y/N)"

        Some time had passed and the owl brought back Ron's reply. 

"Dear (Y/N),

I had a blast as well. I'll see you on the train tomorrow.

 I'll see you on the train tomorrow

Ron Weasley"

  ⚜

        Luna and I boarded the Hogwarts Express at Platform 9¾. We shuffled down the train aisle until we found a compartment that was empty and took our seats. We began to chat about our summer and I could finally go into detail about my time spent with Ron. We left the door to our compartment open just in case anyone needed a seat that was boarding.

        Many people continued to pass our compartment when I noticed Harry and Hermione walking by. Of course, trailing right behind them was Ron Weasley. He glanced our way and noticed me. He raised his hand to wave at me and shot me the usual awkward side smile. He gave me a soft "Hey." and I returned with a small wave and a nervous "Hi." He paused slightly as if he wanted to stop and talk to me, but Harry and Hermione were continuing ahead of him so he made sure to keep walking. 

        I looked over at Luna who had a smile on her face and raised her eyebrows at me. Just then, Draco stopped in front of the door to our compartment. His brows were furrowed and he glared directly at me. "What was that?" he snapped. 

        "What?" I asked, confused and caught off guard.

        "What did that weasel want?" 

        "Nothing... he was just saying hi." 

        "Hm." Draco pouted as if he were suspicious. He then shot Luna a judgmental glare and went on his way. Fed up, I shut the door to our compartment for a bit more privacy. 

        "Your brother's a real charmer." Luna sighed. 

        "Heh, really." I agreed with her, widening my eyes and very unamused. "What's his deal anyway? So controlling over his sister who he doesn't even like." I vented my frustration. 

  ⚜

        Arriving at Hogwarts, Dumbledore announced our school would be hosting the Triwizard Tournament. It would be a magical contest involving the three largest wizarding schools in Europe, each school being represented by one student. I took little to no interest in this and sat through the Headmaster introducing the arrivals of students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, who would be staying with us throughout the remainder of the year.