Durmstrang Boy ⚜ Chapter Fourteen

Watching the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament with Luna was wildly scary yet so spectacular. The four champions were tasked with retrieving a golden egg from the nest of a dragon. I had never seen such beautiful creatures in my life. Both Luna and I were in awe of how aggressive yet elegant these beasts were. These giant lizard monsters with scaly skin and wings bigger than their bodies when stretched out. They had horns scattered across them and rows of the sharpest teeth that looked as if they went on for ages. Their claws dug into the rocky ground and their massive tails whipped around, breathing clouds of flames that were meant to kill. I felt a connection to these dragons, like deep down in my soul I had one hiding away. 

        Later on, Luna and I couldn't stop talking about the First Task as we were on our way to hear an announcement from Professor McGonagall. We took our seats and a few moments later I spotted Ron walking in with Harry. They sat together and seemed to be friendly with one another, so I could only assume they had now made up. This made me wonder if I'd see Ron less now that he had his best friend back. Ron noticed me and smiled my way. I returned the smile but brought my attention to McGonagall once she made herself known. 

        "The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance." 

        Just then everyone began talking amongst themselves. The girls all gasped and whispered excitedly whilst the boys groaned and seemed to dread the news. Luna and I looked at each other and she raised her eyebrows, a look that meant she knew exactly what I was thinking. I glanced over at Ron who had been looking at me, but as soon as my eyes met his, he looked away quickly. 

        "Silence!" McGonagall ordered the chattering students. "Hogwarts has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling, band of baboons. That being said, only fourth years and above are allowed to attend. Unless of course, someone is asked by an older student."

        A majority of female students sighed in disappointment whilst some of the boys looked relieved. I looked over at Luna worriedly because she was just a year below me, a third year. She put her hand on mine and whispered with a whimsical smile. "It's fine, really."  

        Professor McGonagall continued. "Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight. Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley!" 

        Ron went from joking around with his mate beside him to his eyes widened as McGonagall approached him. "Yes?" he whispered in response. 

        "Will you join me, please?" McGonagall asked him, touching his shoulder. Ron hesitantly got up and Harry playfully pushed his back, laughing at him. They walked to the center of the room where everyone could see. 

        "Now, put your right hand on my waist." Professor McGonagall instructed Ron.

        Ron's face turned as white as a ghost. "Where?" he asked in disbelief. 

        "My waist." McGonagall assured him. I giggled along with everyone as whistles came from both Fred and George.