Chapter 1

(Y/N) = Your Name
(Y/L) = Your Lastname
(N/N) = Nickname
(H/C)= Hair Color
(E/C) = Eye Color
(S/C) = Skin Color

The bay area was bright yet windy today, in your opinion today is a perfect day to hit the piers and maybe do a little bit of shopping. But you couldn’t today, you were too busy moving into your new apartment in San Francisco. You Used to live in a small town called Vallejo, and I do mean small. You lived there for most of your life with your family and over the years you were saving up to move to San Francisco it took a lot of but you finally managed to do it. You moved into a nice, affordable apartment on Potrero Avenue. It was fairly large and had a stunning view of the neighborhood, it was so nice to look out the window and just take in the scenery. You sighed with delight at how peaceful it was but quickly remembered your previous task, you continued move your things inside, unpack it all, and called to check in on your parents, mostly to let them know you made it there safely before letting loose. This took you all day to complete and made you very exhausted, your last thing to do was to go food shopping but you decide to save that for tomorrow. You went to your room and flopped on your new bed. Letting out a long groan into the matress.  

“I have three days to myself before I start my new job...I better make the most of these three days. First things first, I need sleep..” In three days you start your new job as a journalist. You found journalism to be something your very passionate about since your freshman year of highschool. Your mind reflects on the memories making you cringe or laugh at them. After sometime, a yawn escaped your lips signaling you to rest up. You slipped your day clothes off and crawled under your comforter and fell asleep. The next morning was just as bright as yesterday, you got up at 10:23AM, got ready, and went out to eat and buy food for your place. You didn’t have much money on you right now so you stuck to the basics like milk, cereal, bread, juice, water ect. You bought your things from a small store owned by a very sweet asian lady named Mrs.Chen.

“Excuse me ma’am, do you know any plastic bowls?”

“Yes on the  back shelf love.”

“Thank you!” You grabbed your last item and came upfront to pay for your things and sparked a small conversation with the lady. Your questions consisted of who she was, and low long has she been in the bay area for.

“Ooh, not even I can remember that but it’s been years since I moved here with my husband. I apologize if I haven’t told you already but my name is Mrs.Chen, What is your name miss?”

“My name is (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N). But my friends and family call me (N/N).

“What lovely names. I just might call you (N/N) myself, if that’s alright with you. We have only just met and I don’t want to make my customer uncomfortable.”

“No no! It’s quite alright, I plan on coming here more often anyway so might as well get somewhat acquainted, am I right?” You both chuckled as she bagged your things, you paid for your items and bid her a farewell before getting in your car and driving back home. Once inside you but your things away and made you a bowl of knock off brand cereal before killing time by watching YouTube and Netflix all day.

~First day~

Today was your first day on your journalism job so you got up at around 7:00AM to get ready and  head over there. Got there at 8:15 on the dot, you were right on time with your arrival. The front desk man gave you an ID badge and told you to go to the top floor, your boss wanted to see you as soon as you arrived on the premises, he wanted to give you a quick rundown and introduce you to your new journalist partner. You went in the elevator, went to the very top floor and knocked the boss’s door before entering.
“Good morning, you must be (L/N) “

“Yes, Good Morning Mr...”

“Jack. Please have a seat so I can go over a few things about your task and your partner.” You took a seat in the chair and listened to him explain, your task is to interview  the Life Foundation with a man named Eddie Brock Get as much information as you can and report back immediately. Sounds simple right?

“Hey boss am I late?”

“Not at all Eddie, come meet (Y/N). Your new partner.”  As most people say, your heart jumped into your throat when you saw Mr. Brock, sure he’s no magic Mike but to you he was handsome. Just your type. He shook your hand introduced himself to you.

“H-Hi...I’m (Y/N) (L/N)...”

“You a shy girl? Word of advice, you won’t get far in this  business if you’re shy. But don’t sweat it you’ll get used to it.” Your heart rate quickened and you felt your face rise in temperature and a smile tug at your lips exposing your lovely dimples. “Awww how cute but I’m getting married soon kid, let’s go!”  GODDAMNIT!! WHY?! You screamed in your head while keeping the same blushed externally, You nodded but the boss stopped Eddie and told you to wait outside for a moment. You did just that.

“Oh God he’s so cute… Whoever’s his fiance is a very lucky person...Why am I talking to myself? Stop it!” You covered your lips and grew very embarrassed as other workers gave you looks as they passed by. I want to hide sooo badly… Not long after being embarrassed  Eddie came out and took the elevator down with you.

“So kid, how long you been in SF?”

“I’m no kid Mr. Brock I’m (Age) and if you must know, I just moved here from Vallejo but I been to SF a bunch of times.”

“And here I thought you were shy. That’s cool kid.” You sighed a little. Getting wee bit annoyed from Eddie purposely calling you kid. The doors opened but you two kept chatting as you walked outside. But this is your shot to get him back.

“So old man, you finally getting married?”

“Who you calling old man?”

“Oh I’m sorry I meant senior citizen.”

“You playful little squirt...Well if you must know, yes I am getting married to the most beautiful girl in the entire world!” He mocked your previous tone. You giggled abit but was still bummed he was off the market. I wish there was some way we could date without me being a homewrecker…Doubt we’d work out. Besides we just met and the worst thing anyone can do is catch feelings for someone they don’t know. This isn’t a Disney film! Oh no he’s staring say something!!

“She sounds very lucky and quite the catch...”

“Oh she is, but I’m the real lucky one. Well this is my ride see you at the Life Foundation.” Eddie got on his trusty motorcycle and drove off.

“Yeah see ya Eddie…” You head to your car and drove off to meet him there.