Old Flame

Ryan

It was only 9:00 PM out here in L.A. and I was in the house bored as hell. My girlfriend Bri was in New York visiting her best friends. I was pretty fond of them. They were always so sweet to me whenever I was around. I was dying for my baby to come back home though. Me and Bri have been together for a year. We recently moved in together ,and it was the best thing to happen to our relationship.

I'm a New York girl at heart, born and raised. Harlem was home until it wasn't anymore. I originally moved to Los Angeles with my husband, well ex-husband now. I met him after my break up with now famous rapper Dave East. You can sort of say he was just a rebound. I rushed into it ,marrying him after only 6 months of being together. I used him as a way to get over Dave and it ended up biting me in the ass. The marriage only last a few months and even that was struggle. I couldn't seem to shake those feelings I had for him. Dave was my first love as I was his. We grew up together ,but not together. Same neighborhood same school ,but we never really fucked with each other like that. That is until the summer after we graduated and I came back from visiting family in Georgia. I'd put on some 'southern' weight and was thick in all the right places. Everyone including him took notice and he'd made it a point to get know me. I knew Dave was a player ,but his charm was irresistible. I fell for it and him. We were together two years. I was there when he played ball in college, I was there when he got put out, hell I was even there when his stupid ass got locked up and he still cheated. It tore me up inside. He tried to mend it and get back with me, but by then all of his skeletons were falling out of his closet. He'd been cheating on me majority of the relationship. Scarred was a complete understatement as to what he left me. Then I met Daniel and things went from there. Soon after we divorced I met Bri at Coachella and she was a breath of fresh air. I always had curiosity when it came to women ,but never acted on it. After all the bullshit I been through I said fuck it why not. We hit it off and I never looked back.

I can't lie though seeing Dave in the media and hearing his songs on the radio were a constant reminder of the hurt he caused. I'd be dumb to deny the fact I still loved him and felt weak over him. Every picture I saw of him reminded me of how intense eyes would stare into mine when we made love. Don't get me wrong I definitely have feelings for Bri ,but they don't seem strong enough to shake the ones I have for Dave. It was like being addicted to a drug at this point . I wanted so badly to get high ,but I know in the end it will doing nothing but harm me. I did keep up with gis life through blogs and tv. He seemed as though he was content. I never saw him in a relationship or anything serious . It sort of gave me some relief knowing I was his first and probably last girlfriend. He never hesitated to remind me that he didn't do relationships when we were together, but I was special so i deserved better from him. That was all down the drain though.

I was sitting in the living room waiting for Bri to call me. I knew it was pass midnight in New York and although she told me they were going out I thought she'd be back by now. I figured I would give her another half hour to call before I forced myself to sleep. I didn't feel like going out and I already ate so there was nothing left to do ,but sleep. I turned on the tv to pass time. We hardly ever watched tv when Bri was home cause we were always out or fooling around. I liked that she was so adventurous ,but I missed my reality shows. I scrolled through the guide and decided to watch TMZ.

They were going on amd on about something the Kardashians did like always. I was just about to turn the channel when I heard the mention Dave's name. I turned the TV up.

"Ok sooooo as you all know Dave has been pretty steady in his playboy ways since he stepped on the scene, BUT he's obviously getting cozy with someone", one of the reporters said.

I smacked my lips figuring it was just something they were cooking up.

"Pshhhh girl , he's been bedding and deading them. I don't believe it ", another snapped back.

"Well somebody caught them together, look for yourself."

Just like that pictures covered the screen of him opening the door of his car for someone. Next was a picture where He pulled her into a hug . Then a picture as he kissed her forehead. Her back was turned in the pictures so you couldn't see her face.

"That's not it. These are the best ones!"

The screen then went to more pictures of them . One picture showed them in the car and they were both smiling and he looked at her lovingly while she held her head down. It was the same way he used to look at me. Another picture showed him kissing deeply with his hand gripping her ass. The next was him watching her walk in the building and I finally saw her face. Shocked wasn't even the word.

"Ok , I think this might break the ladies hearts out there", the reporter said.

"Definitely ! I need someone to find out who the mystery lady is", the head guy ordered.

"On it! ", one of them shot out.

Just like that I shut the TV off mot wanting to hear anything else. Seeing those photos did nothing ,but piss me off. How dare his cheating ass find love while I'm sitting here stalking him through the media cause I can't let him go. He looked so ducking happy with her and I'm so fucking jealous. It just had to Blake of all people. That bitch was with my man. That should be me not her. Sure she's Bri's friend ,but she not mine. She don't owe me shit and Bri doesn't even know I dated Dave so I doubt she did. Maybe I can get him back and we can be happy again. Maybe he's matured now. Obviously they haven't been together long so I know he can easily let her go. I just need to show him what he gave up and I know he'll be back.

I grabbed my phone and shot Bri a text.

Me: I miss you baby 🙁 . I'm flying to New York in the morning to come see you. 😘

Sent

I know its short ,but yall gone be aight! Until next time 😉🙃