Prologue

The smell of damp blood was tasted in the air. It felt as if it was rising with every limp body discovered.

The stars and the moon shone high and bright in the sky. The stars twinkled and danced upon MapleClan's heads. The moon, shone directly up from MapleClan's maple trees.

It was rather late at night - and a white she-cat sighed, trying to keep her kits down. A small ginger tabby she-cat was skipping around a dark reddish brown tom and tortoiseshell she-cat.

Gravelkit said I wasn't going to be a good warrior!" exclaimed the ginger she-cat. Her tone was awfully aggressive and didn't seem very amused. She swung her tail around in frustration.

"Gravelkit, you really have to control your arrogance. Apologise to your sister, Cherrykit, will you?" their mother, Windstar mewed.

Cherrykit gave Gravelkit looks of amusement as if she had won a fight. Cherrykit's sister, Blossomkit stayed beside her. Blossomkit doesn't tease me so you shouldn't if you want to be a good brother. Thought Cherrykit silently. She never listened as her brother apologised to her.

Suddenly, a commotion was made outside, aggressive rustling in the bushes were heard. Windstar perked up her ears.

Suddenly, an enranged large ginger beast stormed in, making a loud cry. The she-cats let out disturbed meows.

It came closer into the nursery. Gravelkit and Blossomkit dashed over to Windkit while Cherrykit was blind to what was going on. Was there a battle outside?

"C-Cherrykit! Get over here!" screamed Windstar, Cherrykit turned around to see the large beast staring directly into her. She stood, frozen and in shock and completely unknowningly on what to do.

Blood pounded in her ears. She squealed, and decided it'd be best to make a dash for it, but it was too late. The ginger beast swooped her up and bit in to her tail, long and hard. She felt the sharpest pain swell up and cried out, tears plowing down her face, she could not stop.

Windstar dashed over, her eyes large and wide. She yowled, cats from the warrior den came over to help fight for Cherrykit. She even saw her father, Skywing, pummeling his paws into it's flank.

Cherrykit still felt the pain. The beast held her lower and growled, and she felt so much pain all over, it was indescribable.

"My daughter!" shouted Windstar, distressingly. "My poor daughter!"

Cherrykit, with a panicked look, looked over to her siblings, whom the whole time was staring at this whole situation in deep horror.

The beast let out a very sharp and distinct cry and scratched over one of Cherrykit's eyes before it dropped her.. and dashed off. Shortly after the situation, she was numb. She couldn't feel anything anymore, not the pain. She fell into utter black, deep, paralysed darkness.