V

**Flashback to 8 years ago**

Yena went out to go and buy food for her, Yuri and Sungmin. Yuri was staying over at Yena's place for the night and was busy completing her homework in Yena's room. Sungmin was in the living room, watching television.

Yuri was against the idea of letting Yena go out alone as a mysterious killer was on the loose, out to get female students on a rainy day. The weather was not good at all but Yena repeatedly assured Yuri that she was going to be fine. 

Yuri told Yena to walk in crowded pathways and avoid the empty ones. She also told Yena to shout for help and run if she notices anyone following her. Yuri was struggling to do her homework and decided to put it aside and wait until Yena came back. She was shy to ask Sungmin for help.

She stared at her fingernails, waiting for something to come to her mind that would help with her homework. As she was drifting away, Sungmin sat in the living room. He was bored from watching the news. 

Out of the blue, there was a knock on the front door. Sungmin stood up, expecting Yena to be outside. When he opened the door, however, it was not his sister. It was a woman holding a butcher knife. She immediately swung it towards Sungmin's chest.

Sungmin groaned, his vision blurred and his voice slurred as he attempted to call Yuri before falling to the ground. The woman was the inclement killer and her name was Eunbi. She was a detective but no one knew of her secret identity. 

"I usually don't kill guys but this asshole decided to appear instead of his sister," Eunbi whispered. She dragged Sungmin's body to the bathroom and threw it into the bathtub. Eunbi also brought some concentrated sulfuric acid and used that to fill the bathtub. She watched as Sungmin's body burn in the tub.

Eunbi left the home without realising that someone was watching her. Yuri heard the knock before and went to take a peak. She kept quiet as she was afraid that Eunbi would see her. She saw everything. She called the police immediately afterwards and Yena arrived shortly after. 

Yuri could see the grief on Yena's face when she found out that her brother was dead. Yuri was shocked when the police arrived. The same woman that killed Sungmin was there, dressed up as a detective.

She investigated the scene and told something to her assistant before leaving. Over the next few days, the police would announce that the inclement killer committed suicide in the bathtub and that Sungmin's body could not be found. They closed the case a month later and never mentioned it again. Yena and Yuri, on the other hand, angered by the way the case was handled, vowed to take revenge, knowing that the killer was still alive.