VI

"If you kill us now, won't it be too obvious?" Yena said. Eunbi held a butcher knife, pointing it at the girls. She was exposed during the conversation with Yena, Yuri and Yujin and she couldn't afford to keep them alive. 

"I am a detective. Major Crimes. I am very familiar with these types of crimes. I have the ability to manipulate evidence like how I did 8 years ago. How old were you back then? Like 10? I usually expect teens to forget about such an insignificant event like the death of a useless older brother."

"Don't you dare talk about my brother!" Yena snapped. "Why? Why did you kill him? That went against your set of rules. You killed girls. Young girls. You ate parts of them. What made you kill my brother? Definitely not because you wanted to eat him, no. You burnt him in acid!"

"I have a history with your brother. Not a long one but significant enough for me to actually bother. During one of my ventures, he caught me. He caught me at the wrong time. Do you know what I hate the most? Getting interrupted during my meal time."

"So you were afraid that he would expose you to the police? Even if he did, I thought you had the ability to manipulate evidence?"

"It's not that simple, kid. I did what I had to do. Now, I still have to do what I have to do. I will not spare any of you." Eunbi pounced at Yena, who immediately dodged and ran to her bedroom. The other girls quickly followed.

Eunbi was quick to act, making her way towards the room like a cheetah going at its prey. She was barely an inch away when Yujin slammed the door shut and locked it. Eunbi called them out, "Come on, don't be afraid my little kittens! I promise this process will not be painful."

While Eunbi was blabbering out rubbish, at least that's what the girls think, Yena opened her drawer and pulled out a set of sharp weapons. She whispered to the girls, "Listen, I can't promise that we can escape this place without getting a scratch or two. However, we have no other choice."

Sakura replied, "I have my phone right now. Why not call the police?"

Yena shook her head. "You think they'll believe us? Telling them that their prized detective is the inclement killer would sound outrageous."

Chaeyeon interrupted the two. "She is a detective, which means that she has a gun. We need to get out of here quick or she will shoot down that door."

"We can't go through that door," Yuri whispered. "At least one of us will get shot if we do."

Yena suggested, "Well, we aren't too high. Just the 6th storey. I have enough blankets to tie together. The only way out of here is through the window." The rest of the girls agreed and proceeded to tie 10 blankets together.

"When we get down, we should inform Detective Kim about it," Sakura said.

"We can't. We aren't sure if she can be trusted. Who knows if she is Detective Kwon's partner in crime?" Yuri retorted.

"She technically is. I mean, they are partners at work. But of course, we aren't too sure if Detective Kim is aware that her 'boss' is the killer that they are looking for," Yena said while opening the window slowly, making sure not to make any noise.

Eunbi, on the other hand, was still shouting from outside. "Come on, little pigs. Open up. Or I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your door down!" She pulled out her Beretta 92 and aimed at the door. 

"At the count of three, you guys are done for. One! Two! And three!" Eunbi shot the door multiple times, hoping to hit one of the girls. She was unaware that the girls had already escaped through the window. When Eunbi didn't hear any screams or whatsoever, she began to suspect that the girls weren't in the room.

Eunbi radioed Chaewon, "The killer attacked me and the girls. The girls manage to get away. I'm injured. Send help up here. Over."

"Got it. Help will be on the way. Hang in there. Over and out." Eunbi proceeded to take the butcher knife and made several cuts on her arms. She also pulled out some of her hair and placed it on the floor. She lied down on the ground and waited for help to arrive.

"I'll get you pricks soon, but not now," Eunbi whispered.