VII

Yena, Yuri, Yujin, Sakura and Chaeyeon made their way to the main street away from Yena's apartment where many people are walking. The girls were panting after their close escape through the window of Yena's room. 

Sakura turned to Yena, "Yena, what were you talking about back there? Are you saying that Detective Kwon is responsible for the death of Hyewon and Noe?"

"Hyewon, definitely. I'm not too sure about Noe. Where can we stay for now?"

"We can go to my place," Sakura suggested. No one objected. Everyone was more concerned about getting as far away as possible from Eunbi. 

Chaeyeon added, "Sakura and I know someone who could help us. She is a psychiatrist. Doctor Yabuki Nako. I'm not sure if you guys have heard of her."

"Yes, I've heard of her!" Yuri raised her left arm. "She is the doctor that has spoken to many criminally insane people. But how would she be able to help, though?"

"She knows many things that the police don't. I don't exactly know how she gets her hands on such information, but she might have some answers for us." 

Sakura signalled to the girls to move quickly. "Go, go. I just saw Detective Kwon exiting the compound. She looked like she was injured."

"Self-induced harm," Yena whispered subtly. "That's to make it seem like the killer attacked her. It's stupid, but I guess it works."

.    .    .

The girls sat on the couch, exhausted from the running. Sakura took her phone out and dialled Doctor Yabuki's number. Everyone remained silent, waiting for Sakura to say a word, which would mean that Doctor Yabuki answered.

"Hello, Doctor Yabuki. This is Miyawaki Sakura," Sakura said.

"Please, speak informally. Just call me Nako. I told you before, we know each other so there is no need for any formalities. Is there anything you need?"

"Well, if you don't mind, are you able to come over to my place maybe today or tomorrow?"

"Today is fine. What is the issue?"

"My friends and I were attacked by a serial killer. The inclement killer. We were hoping that maybe you could help us."

"Ahh... you came to the right person. I know many things about the inclement killer. Give me a few minutes. I am actually on my way home right now but since you called, I'll stop by at your place first."

"Thank you, Nako," Sakura put down her phone and gave a thumbs up to the girls. In a few moments, there was a knock on the door. Sakura opened the door and greeted Nako. She was diminutive, around 4 feet and 10 inches tall. She was wearing a leopard fur coat, a grey wool homburg hat and was holding a small suitcase on her right hand. 

She gave off a friendly vibe, giving a bright smile at the girls. "A very good evening to all of you. I am Doctor Yabuki Nako but please just call me Nako." Nako sat next to Sakura on the couch, facing the rest of the girls, who introduced themselves to her. 

"We shall begin. Since you guys had an encounter with the inclement killer, then I suppose you know her identity?"

The girls nodded. "Detective Kwon has been my patient for over 5 years now. I had known her identity for quite some time but the reason why I have not disclosed it till now is that of confidentiality. She told me that she had not killed for close to 8 years and said that she came to me to ensure that she won't do it again," Nako paused to catch a breath. "I wanted to help her, but it now it seems that she is back at it again. Therefore, I shall help you."

"Did she tell you why she killed?" asked Yena.

"Well, when she was a teenager, there was this girl in her class that bullied her. It came to the point where Eunbi couldn't take it anymore. She let her anger get the better of her and killed the girl. She was afraid that if she left the body just like that, she would be caught. So, she ate the girl. That was when she realised that she liked the taste of human meat. That was where it all started."

Yena continued to pose questions to Nako, "Nobody wondered where the girl disappeared to?"

"The head of the investigation actually managed to find out that Eunbi did it. However, he could relate to her. He himself was a cannibal. So, he covered up for her. Another person was bribed to take the blame and Eunbi walked off freely. The same guy would be the one to hire her but when he died, that's when she became the inclement killer. To her, it was a tribute for the person that 'saved' her."

"But why is she doing it again?"

"That is because there is an imposter." Yena froze as Nako continued to look her in the eye.

"Do you have any idea who she is, Ms Choi?"

"You're making me very uncomfortable, Doctor," Yena said, feeling uneasy.

"Why do you seem so nervous? From where I am looking, I see the eyes of someone who is hiding something. You do not need to be scared. You can tell me everything. I'm sure you have your reasons for why you imitated the inclement killer."

Yena gulped nervously.