VIII

Nako walked closer to Yena, holding a clipboard and a pen in hand. "You do not need to worry," said Nako. "If you cooperate, I'll make sure the authorities will not find out that you killed before."

Yena responded, "I promise I'll cooperate. Just please, don't say a word about me."

"You have my word." 

Sakura and Chaeyeon sat on the couch, shocked from what they have just heard. Sakura spoke first, trembling, "Yena, you killed Noe?"

Yena kept silent, only nodding her head slightly. Yuri interjected, "Alright everyone, enough of this! Let's get on with what we have to do and that is to stop Detective Kwon."

.   .   .

"Chaewon, I think I know who is the killer," Eunbi said. 

Chaewon gave her a puzzled look, wondering how on earth did Eunbi suddenly come up with a suspect. "Who?"

"Choi Yena. That student. When I was attacked in their home, everyone was present except for her." Eunbi was clearly lying, though it didn't appear so to her colleagues. She needed to find a way to make sure that any suspicions of her being the real killer would die off. 

"What do you mean she wasn't there? She just disappeared?"

Eunbi looked at her and replied, "Of course not. She said she wanted to check on her neighbour. Seconds later, a killer with a mask came in and began to attack us. You can see from my injuries that the killer was ruthless. And we already have a clear suspect. We need to bring her in for questioning."

"Well, then we better hurry and make sure she doesn't go anywhere."