37. Part 2 Divine Engagement

Author's Note: Welcome to Part Two! It's about to get real!

Song for this Chapter: Love Lies by Kalid and Normani. I cannot think of a more perfect song for Hearne and Dru. They both want to find that place where their love lies. They maybe aren't quite there yet, but they've decided to make the journey a pleasurable one!

"Welcome back, Cernunnos," Dru whispered.

Cernunnos smiled, his eyes still closed.

"I die a little every time you love me like that," Cernunnos groaned. "You riding my cock is the best way to wake up ever."

As he opened his eyes lazily, the soft pink glow of dawn was filtering around the edges of his bedroom shades, and Dru's beautiful naked body filled his sight. She was still atop him, glistening with sweat, and he was still inside her, and slowly returning back to consciousness from the oblivion of release. With much more effort than it should take, he curled his abs and raised himself up to meet her, running his long-fingered hands up her back, licking sweat from her chest before palming both of her full breasts, teasing one nipple, and then the next. She groaned in pleasure, but she grasped his hand that was sneaking toward her sex.

"No," she murmured, "you'll waste too much of my magic. I need it to heal you, Cernunnos."

He growled, low and feral. She had been refusing orgasm since they started having sex, but he wasn't letting her refuse him today.

"You say my true name like you mean respect, but I don't think you really believe in me," he murmured, biting at her earlobe. Sweat trickled from her hair line. She was working very hard not to come.

She sighed as he massaged her back with one hand. "No. I'm a believer, now. A witch. A pagan. Your follower."

"So what you are saying is...I'm not just your man, I'm your god?"

"Of course," she sat perfectly still, refusing to move, refusing the friction, as he bucked a bit underneath her, pushing what remained of his firmness deeper into her. "My god," she moaned, her mind fuzzy, so close to the rush of ecstasy.

"Then you will not deny the pleasure of your Lord," he murmured into her ear. She shook her head.

"Say it," he commanded.

"I deny you nothing, my Lord. Whatever your pleasure, take it."

"Good. It pleases me to make you come." He cupped her breast and lowered his mouth to it, grinning as she made a feral sound. That wasn't a sound of the Dove. When she was "feeling" Druantia, her language and her sounds changed. Her scent too, but he wondered if he was just imagining that part. Scent is so tied memory, he couldn't be sure, but when Dru talked in that old-fashioned way so much like Druantia's speech, he could smell Druantia...her stronger green and floral scent. He was enjoying this new mix of Dru...her ancient witchiness blooming like wild roses amidst her youthful honeysuckle.

With his cock still filling her, he pushed down to her sweet spot with one finger. She was already so close, it wouldn't take much. He made slow circular motions, his finger buzzing with a little godly energy. Inside a minute, she was crying out "my God, my God," against his shoulder, her hands gripping but sliding down his sweaty back. She shook in his arms and pulsed around him, as he continued his slow circular attention until she begged him, "Too much...no more... please." He ceased, but he could tell, it had only been a physical, not a magical release. She was holding back on him.

Slowly, painfully, he wiggled them backwards, until he could rest against the headboard. After too few minutes of their bodies intertwined, Dru murmured. "Hearne, help me..."