Chapter 22

I spent the rest of the day swimming and playing with the boys that have taken my thoughts for the past week. I just hope that Sean or Owen doesn't make a surprise visit. From what I gathered, they didn't talk much about their older members that much but whenever they did, they did with respect. I laid on my back, soaking in the dawning sun. My eyes were closed, and I listened to the boys talking. I was content.

"Sang," a voice made me open my eyes. A pair of blue eyes looked down at me. "Would you like to change into your clothes? You can take a shower if you'd like."

I smiled and nodded. I walked into the bathroom where my clothes were folded neatly on the counter. I took a fast shower, loving the smell of Nathan's soap and scrubbed my hair. I had just put on my clothes when my cellphone buzzed. I looked at it, frowning at the unknown name that appeared on the screen.

"Hello?" I answered. No one spoke but I could hear someone breathing into the phone. My heart quickened, threatening to burst from my chest. How? How did he get this number? I was about to hang up when he spoke. A chill went through me.

His voice was disguised with a voice scrambler. His voice haunted my dreams. "My little song bird, what are you doing with those boys? You know that you belong to me."

I forced down the whimper that threatened to escape. "No. I don't belong to you. Stay away from me, Volto."

He chuckled, monotone and creepy. "Never, little bird. You are mine. I'll see you soon."

He ended the call. It was then that I knew it was time for Sang to disappear. For now. Silently I made my way out from Nathan's bathroom. When I stepped out into the living room, everyone quieted and watched me. Kota ran up to me and laid his hands gently on my shoulders. "Sang? What's wrong?"

I shook my head and looked up into his green eyes. I didn't think that I could lie to these boys. "I have to go." Not a lie. "Another mission." Not a lie. "I don't know when I will be back." At least not as Sang.

I knew that Kota knew that I was hiding something but nodded. He knew what it meant for a female to be in the Academy. We were usually used as bait and sometimes we don't come out of a mission unscarred. I know the feeling. I looked around the room. All of them watched me closely. I gave them a shaky smile, trying to hide my nerves from them. "I got to go. My family and I will be leaving soon. I'm sorry that I won't be able to keep my promise to you Kota."

  He wrapped me in his arms. His cologne of spices comforted me. He pressed his lips to the crown of my head. "Don't worry, Sang. Just be safe and contact us whenever you can." 

I nodded. He released me, and North took his place. He wrapped me in his arms. The smell of his musk surrounded me. "Be careful, Baby."    

  "I will. Thanks, North." I muttered into his chest. He squeezed me one more time before stepping back.  

I looked at the next person. Victor blushed slightly before wrapping me softly in his arms. His moss and berry scent reminded me of the time we hugged in the back of a car. "Be careful, Princess."

"Princess?"

He smiled shyly. "When I first met you, you looked like a princess. You still do."

My cheeks burned. I smiled. "So does that make you my prince?"

"Only if you want me to, princess. Be safe."

I nodded and turned to look into blue eyes. Gabriel took me into his arms. I felt his chin set on top of my head. His hand ran through my damp hair. I closed my eyes, enjoying the scent of his cologne that reminded me of freshly cut grass. "Your hair is mine. When you come back, call me and I'll do your hair. Adam knows nothing about hair."