Chapter 42

A/N: hey it's a long chapter. It takes place after the last chapter. Like and comment on anything. Enjoy!

Earlier that day

Luke- 8:30 a.m.

Something was odd. Mr. Blackbourne and Sean seemed different. More closed off and distant. Mr. Blackbourne was troubled with something and seemed to drift off into his mind. When he started to do that, all of us were shocked. This was something that we have never seen before.

Teenagers ambled around the courtyard. We were quiet, lost in our own thoughts. Movement in the corner of my eye took my attention. Rose's long black hair was loose around her shoulders and danced in the breeze. Yesterday, it was like looking at the real Rose. She had a fearless yet excited look on her face. She didn't seem to be burdened with heavy thinking that she usually has. It reminded me of another girl with blonde hair and green eyes whom I have only seen a few times.

I was probably crazy. I know that I am falling for Rose yet there is something that is holding me back from fully giving her my heart. There is something about her that doesn't seem right. It's like there is a mask that she won't let down.

A slight buzz had me pulling my phone from my pocket. I looked at the screen and my eyebrows raised in surprise.

Unknown: I know why you are here. You are here to help the school. There is something that I have to tell you, but I can't tell you in the open. Meet me in Room 134. Please come alone.

I pocketed my phone. A thought had me wanting to alert Kota but the text said for me to come alone. I jumped up, stretching my arms. I felt my shirt rise and felt eyes on me. I caught too blue eyes looking at me and I winked at her. Rose blushed and looked away, her black hair forming a curtain. "I'm going to the restroom."

There were several grunts and nods before I left them. I hurried towards the back of the school. Room 134 was unused and was full of dust. It was a great place because it was next to the exit and had two entrances to the room. I creaked the door open and slid my body into the dark room.

"Hey, are you there?" I whispered. I looked around the seemingly empty room. The warning inside me started to ring loud and I started for the door when I felt something sharp in my leg. I looked down to see a tranquilizer sticking from my thigh. Instantly the drug had me dropping to the floor. Darkness started to enter my vision when I heard a voice.

"What the fuck!" A familiar voice spoke. It took all of my draining strength to turn my head to see a shocked Gabe in the doorway. Before he could do anything, a dart planted itself in his chest and he dropped. A dark form stepped from the shadows. A mechanical laughter filled the air and a glimpse of a white mask was seen before I closed my eyes.

North- 9:00 a.m.

The bell rang a few moments after Luke left with Gabriel trailing him. Silas and I made our way towards our class when my phone buzzed. I looked over to see Silas checking his phone. Growling at the interruption, I yanked my phone from my pocket to see a text from the football coach.

Coach: Please meet me in my office.

A simple sentence on my screen caused me to growl. That fucker won't stop begging me and Silas to come back to the team. I considered not going but Silas laid a hand on my shoulder.

"You going?" He questioned me. I knew that if I wasn't going to go, Silas wouldn't go.

I grumbled. "Yeah, let's go."

We made our way towards the coach's office. My mind went back to yesterday. I was shocked to see Rose in the middle of the hallway. She looked really good in her leather and red top. She was stunning and left me speechless. Luke however knew that I liked leather and blurted that she was hot. My heart beat faster as a blush crawled up her cheeks. She did look hot. Then she seemed to text someone with a smile on her face. She said that she was going to hang out with friends but refused to look in our eyes.