Smooth Moves

Ultra Magnus's group...

The four bots walked through the forest, their weapons at the ready. Sugarskull never mentioned if any of the new bots were friend or foe so they best be on their guard for any surprises. Ultra Magnus caught a glimpse of metal through the trees up ahead. Leading the way, they approached and found another pod, but this one was more heavily damaged from its crash landing. It too was empty; manually opened from the inside. Upon closer inspection, they could see an energon handprint on the outside as someone braced themselves as they climbed out, and a trail of glowing energon leading into the woods. "Looks like whoever was in there was wounded," Arcee stated.

"Let's just hope the others have better luck than we do," Bulkhead said.

"Do you think whoever was in there could still be close by?" Springlock asked.

"Possibly, he could not have gone far with his injuries," answered Magnus. "Search the perimeter and meet back here if you find anything."

All four of them walked off in separate directions. Springlock took careful steps, her optics looking everywhere for movement, two daggers clutched firmly in her servos. She came to a stop. She heard something from behind, the loud sound of a branch snapping under pressure. She wasn't alone.
Springlock spun around and flung her daggers. A red, blue and white blur moved out of the way in time to avoid getting stabbed. The daggers ended up impaled in a near by tree. The bot ran in another direction. Springlock chased after him, getting back her daggers as she ran past the tree. Despite being injured, the mech was still agile and coordinated. As he approached a large fallen tree in his path, he simply flipped over it and continued running. Springlock used the base of a nearby tree as leverage, running up and back flipping off over the fallen tree, landing gracefully on her peds before resuming her chase. "Hey you! Stop!" She shouted.

But he ignored her, continuing to run. She would have transformd into her car alt mode, but the landscape was not ideal for driving, the ground was too rough and the trees too densely packed together. But Springlock was just as fast on her pedds as she was on her wheels. Doing a few sharp turns, she intercepted him, cutting him off and blocking his path. She raised her daggers with her optics narrowed. The mech smirked at her. "Your fast femme, but I'm even faster."

Before Springlock could react, the mystery mech twirled around, and deftly kicked one of Springlock's daggers out of her servos. Springlock was surprised but only for a moment. She engaged the mech in battle, still as lethal with one dagger as she was with two. The two fought fiercely, neither of them wanting to lose. It was hard to tell who had the upper hand. Springlock fought intensely with such great ferocity. She was a formidable fighter no doubt about that, but the mech she fought was just as skilled. He moved swiftly and elegantly, almost as if the fight itself was a dance. A dance of death.

At one point, the mech succeeded in putting Springlock in a headlock, causing the femme to drop her remaining dagger. But Springlock wasn't about to give up that easily. She whipped her helm back, hitting the mech in the face. Despite grunting in pain, he still refused to let go. The tight hold he had on her was starting to cut off the flow of energon to her helm. In a desperate attempt, Springlock elbowed him in the side before kicking him the shin. It was only when she kicked did he cry out in pain and loosened his hold. Seizing the opportunity, Springlock grabbed his arm and used his own momentum to throw him over her shoulder with surprising ease. The mech fell to the ground with a pained grunt. "Arggh..." he groaned

Springlock felt a wet sensation on her pedd and looked down. Energon. Looking back to the mech, she could see his left leg was profusely bleeding the glowing blue substance. That was how she was able to overpower him, she had unintentionally exploited a weak spot by striking his injury. Before the mech could rise up he found a dagger pressed to his neck cables. He looked to see Springlock staring down at him with a neutral countenance. The mech furrowed his optic ridges. "Your persistent," he said.

"Persistence pays off," Springlock muttered before comming the others and telling them to meet her, the whole time keeping the blade pressed into his neck in case he were to try something. Once done, she looked back to him. "My teams coming. Try anything and my face will be the last thing you will ever see."

The mech grinned from where he was pinned down. "That wouldn't be such a bad thing."

Springlock rose an optic ridge. "Did he just flirt with me?" She thought to herself.

She didn't dwell on it for long because Ultra Magnus, Arcee and Bulkhead arrived. They all came to a stop when they saw who it was, their optics widening. "Is that?..." Arcee looked to Bulkhead for confirmation and the wrecker just nodded.

The mech in question looked to them and a relieved smile came to his features. "Hey Magnus, long time no see," he greeted.

Ultra Magnus stepped forward with a stern look. "Springlock, release him."

Springlock obeyed, promptly getting off the mech. She turned to the others to convey her confusion. "You know who this is?" She asked.

"Yeah, he fought alongside us back on Cybertron," Arcee replied.

The mech stood to his peds and turned to Springlock, giving a lopsided grin and bowed. "The name's Jazz little lady."

Springlock narrowed her optics suspiciously. "If your one of us than why did you run?" She interrogated.

Jazz shrugged. "Ya shot at me."

Springlock crossed her arms. "Well you snuck up on me," she retorted.

After a moment's thought, Jazz replied, "Touche'."

-------
YAY!!! I brought in Jazz! You're welcome Canada!

As always, like, comment and vote!