Sundavri and Nyx

Optimus's group

Optimus Prime, Nightfreeze and Smokescreen walked down their own path, and just like the other's their weapons were out and ready for use if needed. Smokescreen looked around. "Sooo... that pod back there... what do you think could have caused such immense damage?" He asked.

Nightfreeze shrugged. "Not sure, but judging by the size of those claw marks, we're looking at something big."

From behind them, two dark figures jumped surreptitiously through the trees above them, following closely, not making a single sound. Optimus narrowed his optics suspiciously and turned around, but the two frames jumped up into the foliage and hid before Optimus could see them. The others stopped and looked with concern to the Prime. "Optimus, what is it?" Nightfreeze asked.

Optimus looked around warily. "I feel we are not alone," he answered.

Smokescreen looked around too, but he wasn't as anxious as the Prime. "Optimus, I don't see your problem. There's no one h-"
A loud 'THUMP!' came from behind. Optimus and Nightfreeze spun around to see Smokescreen lying unconscious on the ground. They rushed to him. It appeared he was hit in the back of the helm, judging by the large dent at the base of his helm. Optimus spun around, alert and optics searching for any movement. Nightfreeze was also vigilant. She raised her servos, calling on her powers as cold mist started to form, dancing around her digits before completely enveloping her servos.

Optimus, through his peripheral vision, caught sight of a dark figure amongst the trees. The figure was small, but as it advanced to them at an alarming rate, it grew massive in size. The loud, reverberating sound of pounding pedds reached their audios receptors. The creature sprang out of the trees so fast it appeared as a large blurred mass of silver and black. It charged towards Optimus. The prime went down and rolled to the side to avoid getting trampled. Looking up, he saw for the first time what their attacker was. Optimus found himself staring into the silver optics of a massive robot leopard with a silver and black colour scheme. The beast growled at Optimus and lunged at him once more, and again Optimus dodged its attack. Coming to a stop, he glanced up at Nightfreeze and Smokescreen. "Nightfreeze, quick! Move Smokescreen to safety!" He ordered urgently as the predator came at him again.

Nightfreeze for a moment stood still in shock, watching the Prime take on the leopard. Snapping out of it, she turned her sights back onto the unconscious rookie. She went behind him, locking her arms around his chest and grunted as she tried to pull him to safety. But, she couldn't, he was too heavy. She put him back down and came to his side and shook him frantically. "Come on Smokescreen, wake up!"

Still nothing. He was out cold.
A cry of surprise came from behind Nightfreeze. Looking behind her, she saw Optimus pinned underneath the leopard, the beast snapping its jaws to tear through the Prime's face. Optimus grunted, his servos pushing against the leopard. The leopard itself threshed, snarled and fought against Optimus's hold, trying to get at it him. It appeared its strength challenged that of the Prime. Optimus ground his denta together, his arms starting to shake from the strain. The leopard's ominous jaws snapped inches from his face. Those dangerously sharp denta were getting closer. Every muscle cable in Optimus's body strained to keep this creature from biting his helm off. For a moment, it looked like the odds were against him. Optimus closed his optics and gritted his denta, pushing with all his might. Suddenly, a battle cry was heard and the weight pressing down on him was gone, followed by the harsh sounds of metal colliding with metal. Optimus opened his optics. The leopard was stumbling back onto its pedds, disoriented. Standing not far from it was Nightfreeze with a challenging glare on her face. "Hey kitty cat! Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" She taunted.

The leopard shook its helm, ridding itself of the dizziness before growling at Nightfreeze. It stood, ready to pounce, and Nightfreeze stood ready to protect her leader and teammate. The leopard sprang at her and she ran to meet it. Optimus's optics widened. "NIGHTFREEZE NO!"