31. Reality #9

Y/N's POV

           "So... Do you want to tell me why you cried now?"

           We were eating the Big Mama together. I felt guilty that jihoon had to pay but I can't help falling in love with the Big Mama. This is a dream come true.

"It's nothing important. Don't worry about it," I assured and he pouts.

"You don't trust me?"

"N-No! It's not like I don't trust you or anything. It's just that..."

I kept quiet. If I tell him he might judge me.

"Fine, I won't force you." Jihoon took a bite out of my portion. "But you should know I was the one who paid for your meal,"

I knew it this was a bait. F*ck, guilt is taking over. I don't even have enough money to pay him back.

"Yah! I thought you wanted to cheer me up!"

            "Well it looks like you're already cheer up just fine,"

           He really won't leave me alone unless I tell him. He took my food out of my hand and raise it up high. How dare you play with my feelings for food!

             "Yah give it back!"

           "Not until you tell me why you cried."

            "Jeez why do you even care?"

             "Well..."

            He pauses.

             "Am I not allowed to care?"

             Shit I'm stuck. Oh no the cheese from my food is dripping. This damn asshole...

             "I cried because I saw my parents having a new family. Are you happy now?"

             "No. Why would I be? Besides, you still haven't explain."

             "...Promise me not to tell anyone."

            He Nods. I took a deep breath and explain.

              "When I was young, my parents didn't have enough money to raise me... So, they abandoned me alone in the apartment.... They didn't come back. In school, I was often bullied by people and pushed around. But... Guanlin and Seri would always stand up for me. But the bullying didn't stop of course... Guanlin and Seri got affected too... I was raised by their parents thankfully. I managed to get a part time job too... But then... The day before the fight happened, I received a text from my father saying he wanted to have lunch with me and work things out. I thought, 'Hey. This is your chance.' But he didn't turn up today. Instead, I saw him with his new family. And Guess what he said."

               "What?"

         "'I'm just a stranger.' That... hurt,"

              He stayed silent. I hold in my tears. I can't let him see me cry again. I need to stay strong... Honestly... during times like these, Guanlin or Seri would come to me. Seri would cuddle me. Guanlin would buy me ice cream and stay by my side till I forget about it... I miss him...

              "I... I may not be good at comforting others but..." he passes me back my food. "I'll stay for as Long as you want till you're okay,"

              And I swear. I saw sincerity in his eyes.