Sold!

Melanie P.O.V.

I watched the pet owner and another vampire from behind the counter where I was sweeping. He was trying to buy me now that I was 18. Aldric. I couldn't stand him but then again my decision didn't matter. He's been here for the last few months visiting me. The owner refused to sell me every time claiming I wasn't old enough for his standards. Bullshit he really just likes to drink my blood and lay with me. However, that's illegal and there are no more excuses he can use to not sell me. So here I am on my birthday, about to be sold to a grimy vampire, so I can act like a dog.

"Okay. Okay, I will sell her. She is beautiful, well mannered, healthy, and smart. I will sell her for 65 Grand no less." I could see the filthy smirk on the pet owners face thinking that was too much a price and he could keep me.

"Sold. Where are your collars?" I gasped at the same time as the pet owner. 65 Grand?! That's 35 Grand more I've ever seen a pet sold for.

"Uh. right over here sir. I have the finest collection." I tuned them out and headed to the pet owners room.

I have some free range because I'm not stupid enough to try to escape and I clean the shop. Plus it was easier for him to sink his fangs in me when others couldn't hear you scream. I walked in his room and went through his dresser until I found my locket that held a picture of my parents. I ran back to the front just as he got done checking out.

"And where is my pet?" He turned toward me and sauntered over. My skin itched knowing I shouldn't be standing close to this monster. He was tall and defined. His nearly black hair cut short and laid perfectly but one lock that came down in a twirl. His dark purple eyes held a sense of dread and emptiness.

"Ah, little girl we are going to have fun. I've been waiting too long for you to be mine." I shivered at his smile. He reached out and took off my collar replacing it with the one he bought. It was blood red leather with fake black diamonds. My irritation grew more I hated this collar.

He clipped a matching leash and dragged me out the door. As I glanced back one more time at the place I've lived for the last 3 years I felt no sadness or loss but yet as I thought of where I'm going I saw no hope or gain either.

I was forced into the back of an expensive black car. Everything was a blur out the windows as we drove. I looked over at Aldric and found him staring at me with a creepy smile. The kind that made your hair stand up and body pump adrenaline.

"Heres the rules. You will obey me, If you don't you will be punished. Be respectful to company. Do not speak if not spoken too. Understood?"

"Yes." I only saw a glimpse of his hand raise before it slapped against my face. What did I do wrong? I answered his stupid question. Would I just constantly be beaten no matter where I was?

"Yes, sir. Do not speak to me as if we are on the same status." Oh, its one of the "yes master types." great.

"Yes, sir." I wanted to rip his throat out. Maybe I'll get the chance one day.

We arrived shortly after at a huge mansion. It was a dull white and gray building. The landscape was beautiful. I saw blue orchids around a pond as we got out. I haven't seen a blue orchid in years since my mother died. At least I have one good thing. I've learned that if you can find one good thing you can keep a hold on who you are.

The inside was elegant and spacious. I couldn't believe he lived here. Was this his home? A frail-looking women came up to us and did a  courtesy. No way I'm doing that for anyone.

"Lord Aldric. May I be of any help?"

"Yes, this is Melaine my new pet. Take her to her room to clean up. I don't want anything of mine looking like trash." She nodded and showed me the way.

Inside my room, there was a bathroom. I would've loved that I had my own space so beautifully put together but this was hell disguised as heaven. I couldn't decide if the pet shop was better or worse. There wasn't any sugar coating it there.

"Melanie, the bathroom is that way and once you're done there's a fully stocked closest that should fit you." I had been so caught up in my thoughts I didn't realize the maid was still here.

"Thank you." Her face became more pitiful when I spoke probably hearing the sadness in every letter.

"Oh dear, it will be okay. Just try to listen and do as he says. Aldric has a short fuse and it gets worse with stress. Make sure to be presentable he's going to take you to dinner where the prince will be." Prince?

"You mean this mansion is is the prince of vampires mansion?!?!" My anxiety skyrocketed. I heard pets don't last very long here. The prince was a savage.

"Calm down dear. The prince isn't what you'd expect. Just get ready and fast and listen to Lord Aldric." I nodded my head and she left. Hearing the loud click of the door I fell down crying.

I was no better than a dog. I would never grow up, marry someone, have kids. I'm not even allowed to speak unless I'm told. I cried for only a few minutes until I got up and went to the shower. I hate my life but I have hope one day it will be better. One day I'll find a family of my own.

The hot water felt great on my skin. They had all kinds of good smelling soaps. I got out and went to the closet where I found very revealing clothes. Nothing I wasn't used too. I decided to put on a sapphire blue dress. It was strapless and tight going down to just below my ass then there was a sheer skirt that flowed the rest of the way down to my ankles. I found makeup and did it simply with brown eyeshadow and some eyeliner. My hair felt so soft that I didn't want it all the way up so I did a half up half down doo.

I looked in the mirror shocked I couldn't even recognize myself. The girl before me was 5'3 long brown hair, striking green eyes, curvy but fit body. My face has thinned over the years and my breasts definitely grew. I looked like my mother. For one moment I felt happy taking pride that I looked like such beautiful strong women. Would she still be proud of me?

"Melanie! You need to hurry Lord Aldric doesn't like to wait." I sighed. Of course no matter how much I look like her ill never be her. She was free and in love with my father. I'm a prisoner playing dog.

I walked out of the bathroom and watched the maid gasp. I shifted feeling self-conscious.

"Should I change? I haven't ever done this before..."

"No, no dear you look stunning. You look more like a vampire than a human. I bet everyone will be shocked to hear that you are only a pet." I grimaced at her last statement. She was very nice though. Maybe I'll finally have a friend. All the other girls in the shop hated me.

"Well, now you just need shoes. How about black heels?" I shrugged my shoulders not really caring anymore. Her blonde hair bounced as she disappeared.

I stood up after I put them on and stumbled. I soon got the hang of it and walked to the door. As the maid led me down to Lord Aldric I realized that I never got her name and if I was to see her a lot when I should know it.

"What's your name?"

"Matilda, young deary." She smiled brightly at me and for a moment I thought I might just be okay.

"Ahhh Matilda, I hope you have my pet."

"Yes, Lord Aldric. May I enter?" Just as she spoke he was opening the door.

"No need I'm on my way out now. Just waiting on Mel-" He stopped speaking as he saw me. His eyes washed over my whole body I could feel it. He laughed greedily.

"Well well, little girl you do clean up nice. I suppose the money was worth it. For now." He stared expectantly at me was I supposed to answer? Oh shit, I guess he complimented me.

"Thank you, sir." He smiled and grabbed a black leather collar from his pants. My eyes grew wide. I was a pet and pets need to wear a collar at all times and I forgot mine after the shower.

"No worries. Just don't forget again. This one matches better anyway... Don't you think?" it had a silver heart charm in front and truly he was right.

"Yes, sir. Thank you." He attached my leash and I followed him down more hallways and turns until we reached a door.

"Behave little pet."