Just a pet

I couldn't stand the staring competition anymore. He was just so frustrating! He's like my best friend at times then he kisses me along with other stuff and in a blink of an eye, he turns cold and flirts with other girls the day after telling me I'm more than a pet and I'm the best thing in his life.

Doesn't seem like it.

I swam away and went to go down the slide again when he materialized in front of me.

"You did not wear that walking here did you?" He looked mad.

"You bought this for me. Why the hell buy it if you don't want me to wear it? And I put a scarf around my waist if that helps." I was frustrated and couldn't help the attitude that came out.

"Are you really going to get smart with me? I bought those clothes for you before I really knew you. Before I liked you and figured you should have some dignity."

He said it like I should be offended and I was truly but then again I'm done with the weird fit he's having.

"I'm a pet okay? That means I have no dignity you could strip me of clothes in front of thousands of people, you could make me wear nothing at all, you tell me what to do and I have to obey, you could let other men have sex with me and breed me! I have no dignity because I am owned by another person." The malice was dripping from my mouth and I could see the effect it had on him.

"I am nothing. One day I will get old and then you'll find a new play toy. Who knows maybe you'll be nice and let me be a maid until I die."

Saying the truth out load was heartbreaking. I can't tell him that I honestly deserve to be equal to him that I am of royal blood.

He just stood there and looked at me not knowing what words to use. I wanted him to fight for me to tell me I was wrong but I knew he wouldn't. He will be king one day and he'll need a queen at his side, not a pet human.

"Melanie.." I shook my head and turned away.

"Just stop giving me a false reality. You said you wanted to have a fun day, so let's have it."

I ran and dived in the water ignoring the slide and just swam around.

Lucus

I was lost in thought until I heard her on the slide. She must've come in while I was distracted thinking about how she left me this morning.

Hearing her laughing carefree was such a lovely sound. I decided to just stand here and watch. She fell in the water and it took her a second to come up and I was oddly worried about if she could swim. Turns out I was right but she figured it out in no time. Turning and diving under the water like a mermaid.

The way her hair flowed down her back and her body moving in the water was enchanting.

She finally saw me locking eyes with a thousand unanswered question between us.

To my surprise, she swam away and got out of the pool and that's when I saw her choice of a swimsuit.

I ran over to her and was pissed. She knows she's mine and yet she walked all the way here in something that skimpy?

"You bought this for me. Why the hell buy it if you don't want me to wear it? And I put a scarf around my waist if that helps."

I was taken aback from her statement as it was true. I did but that was before everything. Now I was fuming.

"Are you really going to get smart with me? I bought those clothes for you before I really knew you. Before I liked you and figured you should have some dignity." The audacity she had to even say that was annoying alone.