Story

It's been two months since I left the pet shop. Lucus has been busy lately with his brother planning some fancy party.

We've gotten a lot closer. When he is free we usually visit the garden. He's grown on me a lot. A lot more than is probably good for me. I think I might have a crush on him but he doesn't feel that way. I've gotten so comfortable I usually change in front of him every day now.

He always compliments me as well and that doesn't help my growing fascination for him. He's just so different then I expected. A few weeks ago I got a cold and he laid up in bed with me for three days refusing to let me get up. He even tried to bathe me! I refused and he made me agree to let the maid do it.

I've been reading that alchemist book for the majority of my time and have learned a lot. Turns out my mother taught me all the basics but this book teaches me how to expand to more potent methods. I wish I had actual ingredients and an alchemist table like my mother so I could try it out but I haven't found anything here.

I huffed and closed the book, I need something new to read. I got up and grabbed the book of Meltari.

I found many things interesting like how my father was betrothed to the (human) princess of Azura. Her name was Zuri and she held a search party for my father that lasted three years before my grandmother made her stop. I guess Zuri was keen on marrying my father even after being turned into a vampire.

I also found out that the flower of Meltari is seriously called Tari. My father tried to explain how beautiful they were a long time ago but I never understood. Now seeing them in a picture was extraordinary. They range in color but are usually a sapphire blue.

I was stuck staring at the flower, all the petals looked perfectly aligned and strong but somehow still vulnerable. The most intriguing thing was the sapphire color I mean one it's my favorite color and birthstone but there was something else that made it familiar.

"Why are you reading a book about Meltari?"

I jumped up after hearing his voice so close to me.

"Why do you insist on scaring me?!"

I turned to face him while putting my hands on my hips.

"Because you're adorable when I scare you."

I blushed and he smirked at me

"Now, will you answer my question?"

He moved closer so now he stood just mere inches away from me. I wasn't sure why but my heart sped up and he heard it.

"I.. Uh don't know. I just thought it would be interesting."

He looked into my eyes and I hoped he believed me.

"Well, some call it interesting and some call it a soap opera."

Oh? I wanted to know more.

"What do you mean by soap opera?"

He cocked his head and looked me up and down.

"What do I get if I tell you a tale that isn't in that book?"

He was being playful again so I know I could get it out of him.

I've missed him the last few days as weird as that is. He was like my friend I guess we found a company in each other.

"Well..."

I walked over to him and put my hands on his chest.

"I'll give you a back rub if you tell me the story."