He's cruel but hes mine

The man screamed so loud it hurt my ears and echoed in the room. A look of pure horror as the prince pulled on his limbs.

I stood against the wall in horror as blood splattered the room, me, everything.

Watching someone have their arms ripped off had to be the most gruesome and nauseating thing to ever see. My stomach churned.

"Hey, Toland, do you mind if I de-limb one of your friends?" My eyes shot to Toland who was perched on the bed looking bored...bored. what the hell? Even his tone announced he was not impressed. He continued whatever fake conversation he was having with himself. "Oh, no! Not at all, Lucus."

Lucus's eyes were a wild black, fangs bared as he growled-at Toland or the man I wasn't sure. He threw the arms down next to the body then gripped his head and pulled.

The sight of that did me in. The shock was there but no longer holding back how disgusting this was.

I doubled over and threw up on the floor. The acidic taste burning my throat.

"Melanie." I didnt look at him. I couldn't.

Instead, I ran to the bathroom and locked the door. I know it wouldn't hold him off, after that I dont think anything could, but it made me feel better nonetheless. My bare knees hit the cold tile in front of the toilet as I threw up again, hoping to purge my body of that memory along with my stomach acid.

I couldn't unsee it.

Blood stained my skin and hair. I unfortunately had splats of vomit on me. I tried to focus on one thing, to ground myself to reality but reality fucking sucked.

Reality was wondering what would happen once we got back home now that he knew. Reality was almost being raped. Reality was the man I love shredding a man in front of me while his brother commented on it.

He told me it would happen.

I thought... I'm not sure. That I wouldn't be scared of him? That didn’t work out.

Everything Tyler had told me came rushing back. How he's killed all his pets. How he forced a girl to crawl around naked.

I knew who he was. I knew about how cruel he could be before I met him.

But he was so gentle with me. He treated me differently. Right? So why did I feel cold. Why would my body not stop shaking?

A soft knock sounded. "Mel?" His voice was so hesitant, so...worried.

So unlike who I just saw.

"I'm fine." I whispered my voice breaking.

It sounded like he leaned against the door and sighed. "Let me in, baby girl."

My gut twisted. He could take down that door so easily, but he didnt. And I'm not sure what to think about that.

"We need to leave." Toland must have approached the door. "Though have fun trying to keep her here. I'm betting shes going to run to Meltari first chance she gets now."

Lucus growled but the sound was broken. My chest felt like caving in.

What the hell did that mean?

"She wont leave me." He said almost like he was more so trying to convince himself rather than me.

"Shes not a pet anymore." Toland knew? "If shes royal...she doesn't have to stay here. Actually, shes going to have to go to Meltari, at least for a little bit."

"Shut up."

Toland sighed. "Lucus, if what you said is true and the lady is already claiming her then she really is next in line to lead. Shes going to have to learn about her people, her position, her power-"