Chapter Two

"Turn to the left."

        "Angle your torso towards the camera."

        "Less smile, I want more personality for this photo."

    These were the types of phrases I heard on a daily basis and today was no exception. It was noon and we had been shooting on this set for nearly three hours.

    I had another shoot after lunch in another building but this one was particularly touchy.

    The photographer was very specific in every detail and whilst it made him good at his job, it also made the shoot very time consuming. We had to stop for five minutes simply while my stylist fixed my hair at the photographer's request.

    "Alright." Michael, the photographer, announced as his snapped his final photo. "Go get a new outfit Troye and come back."

    I dropped my arms from their current pose and straightened out. My back was sore and I sighed in relief as I stretched the muscles out.

    Heading off the set, I entered my small dressing room and found Nina, my stylist, waiting for me with a new outfit in her arms.

    "Thanks." I said as I took the clothes from her and began to change.

    Nina leaned against the vanity, watching me with a curious expression on her face.

    "What?" I asked once I had pulled the new shirt over my head. "What's with the face?"

    "You seem different today." Nina replied in a contemplating manner.

    "Different how?"

    "I'm not sure. It's as if you're more alive than usual."

    "Gee, thanks."

    Nina laughed and set to work fixing my appearance. She worked quietly for a moment while I sat in the chair and stared at the wall behind her. Grabbing the powder off the table, she turned to me with a raised eyebrow.

    "Are you going to tell me who he is?"

    I sighed. "I'm not dating anyone, Nina."

    "No," she answered as if she knew that all along, "But something has happened. I can tell."

    She continued her work of emphasising my features whilst I stared moodily at the mirror, refusing to cave.

    Nina only smiled at me in the mirror. "I have a three-year old daughter, Troye. You're going to have to do a lot more to convince me."

    "Alright fine." I caved. "Jack made me sign up to this dating website and this guy messaged me. Happy?"

    Nina smiled. "Jack made you? And you're talking to someone other than Jack? Wow, this is a big deal. What's his name?"

    "Gabriel." I answered quietly. "He's Spanish but lives here."

    "Oh, Spanish huh?" Nina mused. "Is he as good looking as his heritage entails?"

    I took out my phone and clicked on the app, heading to Gabriel's profile and bringing up his photo. Turning the phone to Nina, she swooned when I showed her the photo.

    "Oh boy, that is one fine piece of man."

    "Nina!"

    "Oh hush you." She sprayed the water bottle in my direction playfully. "Don't tell me you've never drooled over a little eye candy before."

    "Maybe," I muttered in denial, "Doesn't mean I eye other people's."

    Nina gaped. "He's yours now is he?"