Chapter Three

The weekend had come and gone and it was now Monday once again.

Work had been hectic today, more-so then usual, and I was exhausted. I had donned at least twenty different attires today and my hair was collapsing under the weight of hairspray.

My makeup had become crusty and stuck to my face like superglue. I was dying to get home and wash it off. Unfortunately, I wasn't that lucky as the moment I turned to leave, Brendon, another senior model at the company, blocked my path.

He smirked down at me from his 6'2 frame. "Woah woah, where you off to so fast speed racer?"

"Home?"

"Aren't you coming to the meeting?"

"What meeting?"

Brendon cocks his head, a smile playing on his lips. "The five o'clock meeting for all senior models? It was sent out this morning."

Sighing internally, I check my phone. I must have skipped over the email.

Sure enough, there it was. Sent at 11:08am that morning by the company's director and my boss, Claire.

I pocket my phone and turn to Brendon. "I must've missed it but I'll meet you there."

"Okay," Brendon replies with a knowing grin. He places a hand on my shoulder and squeezes, speaking lowly in his husky voice as his eyes hold mine. "I'll save you a seat, Troye."

I nod, turning away. "Thanks."

Man, that guy could really use a breath mint.

After freshening up in the bathroom and changing into something more comfortable, I make my way towards the board room on the third floor.

Most of the company's executives are already gathered along with the senior models who were relevant to the meeting's purpose.

Claire was speaking when I entered. Her eyes drifted towards me, alerting me that I was late. I sent her a smile and take a seat beside Brendon's promised chair. Claire rolls her eyes fondly and continues.

"You all know that fashion week in Milan has been booked. Flights and tickets are purchased, clothes are being sent over and the venue is booked and ready to go. Now, we need to discuss the trial run."

Claire goes on. "This year we'll be using a venue in New York to complete the run through. Due to the growing mass of designers, there is a higher demand for models and therefore we need a bigger space. With me so far?"

People nod in agreement and Claire continues going through arrangements for our trip to New York and then Milan.

It's then I realise. New York. Gabriel lives in New York. Maybe I could actually meet him?

Inner panic sets in as I begin to second-guess myself. Was it too early? Would he even want to meet me? Was I ready to try? What exactly would come out of this meeting if it were to occur?

My eyes dart around the room looking for Jack. As a representative of the company, he would have to be here. Even just knowing he's here and seeing him would be enough to calm me down.

Sure enough, there he was. Perched in the corner with one foot up against the wall, an intense look etched on his face.

I wanted to laugh. Jack likes to act very professional at work but there were still moments when his true self seeped through the cracks.

Leaning against the wall with one foot up was something Jack did when he was relaxed and comfortable, however the look on his face signified he meant business.