P r e f a c e

Ellie:

I woke up in my queen size bed to my alarm blaring that obnoxious ringing in my ear. I have a very busy schedule i have to fit everything i need to do into.

First things first, coffee. Always coffee first.

I throw a white loose cardigan over my pink silky pajama set i bought just a few days ago after i decided getting laughed at by the boys for my sponge bob sleep pants me stained white shirt wasn't worth it anymore. These are more comfortable anyways.

I put on a pot of coffee after walking down the wooded staircase and using the washroom that is.

I go to the fridge and pick out some precut watermelon and sit on the bar stool behind the island as i wait for my coffee to brew. I scroll through my social media's as i subconsciously munch on my watermelon.

It's a peaceful Friday morning i thought to myself. That was until i heard the stomping of four large feet march down the stairs followed by a deep hiccup.

"Mornin' Smellie" Mitchell mocks as he rounds the island of stand behind my back.

"Good morning Michelle. How was your sleep?" i ask him politely, mocking him back.

"I dont know. A bit rough. Couldn't relax while hearing your snoring." he says after rounding me again to get to the fridge.

"I do not snore." i emphasize.

"You do. Obnoxiously." he expresses as he grabs the carton of eggs, cheese, bacon, marshmallows, and syrup from the fridge.

"You're a pig." i rebuttal which is soon followed by a snort.

He began making his revolting concoction he likes to call an omelet while i grabbed my colorful daisy cup and put my coffee with a drizzle of caramel macchiato creamer and departed back to my room.

I sit at my desk and open my MacBook Pro and begin searching online for different dresses for the event my father is co-hosting tomorrow night. While i'm there i also schedule my nail and hair appointments with my favorite stylists ever.

Soon, after about an hour, i'm done with my coffee and i close my laptop and head into my closet to change into my outfit for the day. I straightened my hair and I wore a pair of black leggings with my cream colored off the shoulder, loose fitting sweater over my black bralette.

At this point of the day it's around 9am and everyone should be awake

At this point of the day it's around 9am and everyone should be awake. I descend down the stairs to hear the muffled sounds of conversation and the clinking of dishes.

"Good morning Ellie." i hear Alina politely gesture towards me.

"Ah. My baby." my dad comes towards me wrapping his long arms around me.

"Good morning dad. Good morning Alina" i greet them both

"Why are you up so early my dear?" Alina queried

"I have a lot to do to prepare for the banquet tomorrow night." i answer. "If you're not busy, i don't mind if you would like to come with." i offer.

"That's alright darling, i have a few errands of my own i need to run. These boys seem to think the food around here just magically appears." she pokes at my father's stomach.

"Alright. Figured i would ask." i finish.

Alina is a nice woman. She's not my mom but she is sweet and she gives some sort of balance to my dad. I wouldn't mind it so much if she wasn't a package deal that included the two idiots. Speaking of....

"Sup' mama" Michell says as he swings in wearing his swimming trunks sopping wet leaving wet foot prints training in.

"You do realize we have a sun room for a reason right?" i ask him.

"You do realize what you say goes in one ear and out the other right?" he slides in and i roll my eyes.

"Where's dingous numbed two? Haven't seen him all morning." i ask Alina.

Harley's the one i can tolerate for more than 2 seconds.

"He had a hard night last night-" mitchell cuts her off.

"Yeah. none of us could sleep with you snoring right across the hall."

"Mitchell, enough." she snaps. "Penelope broke up with him last night." she explains.

Penelope was Harley's middle school girlfriend. They've been on and off for the past 6 years. She's not the greatest person. I was the one who broke them up last time because i saw her making out with another dude behind a trash can. High standards, i know.

"You dont just go around telling people that mom." Harley finally arrives

"I'm sorry dear." she goes back to cooking on the stove.

He rounds the island as i grab his shirt "If it's any consolation, you would've told me later anyways." i smile and he shakes his head smirking.

I grab the rest of the watermelon from the fridge and the keys from the hook.

"Where you going?" Harley asks me.

"Stuff for the banquet tomorrow. Wanna come?" i ask as he always wants to get out of the house.

"Why the hell not?" he says "give me like 5 minutes to change and i'll be ready." he goes on.

"Ugh. Hurry."

A/N: this was just the preface of the book, that's why it's so short. It's only about 870 words total and i like my chapters to be about 1,000-1,500 so this is short compared to how the rest should go. Thanks for giving my story a chance. It means a lot.

Stay beautiful.