M y h o u s e

Ellie:

My dad tried to explain what happened with light details but i was ending up very confused.

"Listen baby, all you need to know is some bad people caught you running and panicked" he tells me. Xander keeps peaking back towards us with his hands in his pockets.

"You're lying to me. Or- Withholding the truth, for better words" i complain. "You know i don't like being lied to, dad" i get angry.

"You don't need to know the details, honey. it's not going to happen again" he shakes his hands

"It doesn't matter. It happened to me and i deserve to know" i frown

"How about i have Xander take you to see Lauren and Mel at The Winkle like you were supposed to and we can talk about it later?"  he tries to negotiate.

"Dad, seriously?"

"Promise. Later, please. I have some stuff to do." he grabs my shoulders.

"Fine. As long as you promise to tell me"

"Promise baby." he kissed my forehead and hugged me. "Now Xander, i trust you'll get her to The Winkle safely." Xander nods.

We take a back entrance that goes into a small empty bar and we exit out the doors.

We stay quiet until we reach his black suburban that i recognized.

"Oh my god" i scream

"What? What? What? What's wrong?" he rushes back over to the passenger side and places his hands on my waist to turn me around.

"Oh. Uhm. I just remembered something." he turns away. "I'm sorry" i breathe out

"No it's okay." he goes back to the driver seat.

It's silent until he breaks it "So what did you remember?"

"Oh uhm. I went out shopping with my step-brother the friday before the event and i almost ran into you- Well, your car" i laugh

"Oh wow. I guess that was you." he chuckled.

"I'm usually really safe i swear"

"Something tells me that's a lie" he laughed again when i got a phone call

"Oh. Hey Aunt Lauren. I'm on my way" i tell her.

"Oh baby, i'm going to have to cancel today. Quinn had an allergic reaction to something and Tom is on the way to the hospital. I'm sorry honey. I'm dropping Mel off at home. Is someone there to collect her?" she asks.

"Well yeah, i can be on my way home now. Be there in 10."

"Thank you. I'm sorry again. I love you and i'll see you later." she finishes

"No problem. I love you too"

"Well, i guess i'm going home now" i sigh

"Alright, but i'm gonna have to stay"

"No that's not necessary. Mel doesn't do very well with strangers." i explain to him.

"Well, it's not safe for either of you two to be alone right now and i would actually die if he found out i left you alone."

"Oh come on. I can handle myself." i tell him

"Yeah. Everyone thinks that until they can't." he raises his eyebrows.

I slam back in my seat and cross my arms. "This is stupid."

"You can think that but your life is my responsibility and if you lose yours, i lose mine as well"