I n T h e N e x t 6 H o u r s

Ellie:

I woke up with a pounding headache and the smell of the all too familiar scent of the cherry cordial incense. I feel the absence of weight in my bed and drag my arm up and down the opposite side of my bed when i don't feel Maddison. I check the clock and it's already 11am so i throw on my leggings and a tank top without thinking and run downstairs to meet my family. 

My dad is chopping lettuce while Alina, Maddison and Harley has an assembly line going for the making of grilled cheese. With Harley getting the bread out and buttering, Maddison placing the cheese and Aline placing it and flipping the gooey sandwich.

"Oh. Good morning Ellie, would you like a grilled cheese?" Alina sweetly says

"Of course. you know that's my favorite" i smile with sincerity

They finish making enough for everyone and i grabbed some berries and a banana to make myself a smoothie. I blend it up and soon after Mitchell walks in rubbing his eyes in his grey nike sweatpants and black t shirt.

"Why is everyone so loud at this time of morning?" he groans.

"Dear, it's almost noon." Alina explains and he rubs his eye harder and groans yet again.

"Dad, what time are we leaving tonight for the event?" i ask through my teeth as i chew a piece of lettuce in my mouth.

"About 5:30. It can take up to an hour because of rush hour and we have to be there by 7" be explains and i nod.

We all sit down for lunch and banter back and forth until it's almost one.

"Sissy, i want to come with you and daddy." Melody stresses as she crosses her arms and pouts.

I squat down to her eye level and hold her hands "I know baby but you're too small right now. How about we call Faith and see if you can stay the night there rather than having Benny watching you?"

She smiles and nods. "Ok, now have you gotten a bath today" i ask and she shakes her head bitting her bottom lip "we'll head upstairs and i'll give you one and you can use one of my bath bombs." she escapes from my grip and runs up the stairs.

"I will never understand" my dad shakes his head as he looks down at his orange he began to peel. I giggle and shake my head soon after and i walk towards the steps.

¥¥¥

Xander:

"I seriously have to go?" i ask my father at the table when we met for lunch.

He nods and gulps "I need you to be there. We just joined this alliance and i need all my family to be there." he gestured around the sides of the table to my sisters and mother.

I roll my eyes and abruptly stand up skidding my seat and i go to my room straight back in the hall way.

I sit down on my couch and aggressively change the channel until i hear my door creak open. 

I see my sister, Leah half-way in the door as she holds the handle. "Your door needs some oil" she states half smiling

"What do you want Lea?" i ask blatantly

"Well," she shuts the door causing it to squeak yet again. She takes a seat next to me and crosses her legs "I came to talk to you about getting me an assignment." i start shaking my head as soon as i hear the end of the sentence and i get up to grab my phone. "Come one X. Daddy won't let me, maybe you can persuade him." she stands

"Me and dad agreed to leave you out of the business for now"

"You were in on it too?" she raised her voice "Why does everyone else get to make my decision for me? I'm almost 17. You started when you were 13!" she full on shouts now.

"Lea, get out" i say calmly

"You guys are impossible." she stomps out, i roll my eyes.

A few minutes later i get knock on my door. "Xander, my office in 5" my father's voice comes through my door muffled

"Ok" i shout back rolling my eyes

I walk down the long burgundy hall towards my dad's office when i hear speaking in Leah's room but i just ignore it. Probably just gossip anyways.

I arrive 2 minutes early while my father is on the phone. He notices my presence and he asks to call them back.

"Xander, we have to go over the plan for tonight" he clicks his phone off and places it on his desk.

"We have to have a game plan? I thought you just said it was a dance thing for the alliance to meet each other" i swipe my hand through my hair and he sits down in his chair soon followed by me

"Yes it is, but since we have just recently joined, they are going to announce our presence and i need to make sure everyone doesn't make a fool out of us"

"So you think i'm going to make a fool out of us?" i get angry

"No Xander, i'm simply want to state the times you need to be around."

"Ok then go. I don't wanna sit here all day" i slump in my chair

"8 o'clock sharp is when they begin announcing the newly joined. Be sure to be there promptly by 8." i nod my head
"9 o'clock is the pictures. 9:30 is when you mingle. And i mean actually talk to people. Got it?"

"Yes, now can i go?" he nods once

I get up and i stop at the door. "Do you have anything i can do while i wait?" i ask him

"Here. Be home by 5" he hands me a manila folder with a thin stack of papers.

I rush out of the room and call my best friend Franklin to come pick me up and take me to their location.

We arrive at the run down part of town in his black Malibu and identify the subject.

I pull my 47 into my waist band, tug my jacket on and exit the car.

"Darius Thompson!" i shout from the other side of the street

"Who's asking?" he shouts back.

"Remember the $3,600 you've 'borrowed'?" i ask crossing the street

"Wh-What?" he chokes.

"Yeah. Didn't think it would catch up to ya?" i smile.

"Listen man, i have three daughters i need to provide for. My wife died in April and funds have been tight, i just wanted to be able to put them through school"

"Save the pitty story for someone who care" i pull out my gun.

"No please- Listen ok." he pauses raising his hands "I'll give you my eldest daughter is you spare my life. She cooks, cleans and has a nice figure."

"Wow. That's a good ass deal. What's the address i wanna pick her up asap" i tell him as i lower my gun

"5563 Foglaw court. Enjoy man." he says smirking as he turns around.

"Hey dude." i yell back and he turns again towards me. "You must really be a moron." i chuckle and his face turns confused. I raise my gun to aim at his head and his eyes widen in shock. I pull the trigger and wait for his lifeless body to fall to the ground.

Music to my ears.

I head back to the car and close the door. "5563 Foglaw court" i tell Franklin and he pulls away.

A/N: Helloooo beautiful people. Boring chapter, i know. But oh you just wait, it's about to get jucayyy.

NEXT CHAPTER FOLKS!!
STAY TUNED!!!

Thank you for being so patient. it will all be worth it!!

Stay Beautiful!!