Restful

Dinner came and went, and Ciel retired to his room with the child Sebastian after Tanaka had changed him into his nightshirt. He climbed into the large bed, staring at the child in his lap who stared back at him with wide ruby eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. You're only here because we haven't a crib yet," Ciel muttered, laying the baby on the bed beside him as he removed his rings and eyepatch, laying them on his bedside table. Sebastian cooed as Ciel laid down, causing him to frown and roll over so that his back was to the baby.

This did not deter him, however, as Sebastian simply crawled over Ciel's legs and back up to his chest to settle down. Surprised, Ciel was about to put him back in place, before sighing as he realized it would be useless. He moved into the center of the bed, gently pulling the baby with him.

"If you're so determined to sleep against me, I don't want you falling off the bed in the middle of the night. Demon or not," He mumbled to justify himself as he pulled the heavy blankets up around them and wrapped his arms around the baby, who in turn nuzzled up against the boy's chest and closed his eyes.

Ciel watched curiously as his breathing slowed and evened out, even though he still held on to his nightshirt tightly, not willing to let go. He hummed softly. 'How odd. I suppose even demons feel the need for comfort in the night.' Ciel thought to himself, carefully adjusting his hold on the child and closing his own miscolored eyes until he, too, had drifted off to sleep.

Of course, he would never admit it to anyone, but that night Ciel Phantomhive slept better while holding gently to the demon baby than he had in a long time since his parents' death. Perhaps he found comfort in sleeping with another warm, living being, even if the latter was an arguable statement.