Day Four - Fading Time

Ciel awoke the next day as was usual for him now. Tanaka opened the curtains and greeted him politely as he sat up, Sebastian yawning beside him as he woke as well. Ciel had very little clue how this had come to be so routine for him, but realization dawned on him that this would be his last day with the child Sebastian. By the end of tomorrow, he would return to normal.

Ciel looked at the little butler after Tanaka had dressed him, sitting beside the child on the bed once more and offering his hand. Sebastian placed his small hand in Ciel's palm with a smile.

"Will you remember anything that happened these past few days? Will you dislike me for how I've treated you? Will you laugh in my face for crying over you?" Ciel mumbled softly as he held the baby's hand.

"Or will you smile at me, hold me, tell me everything's okay..." He continued, before shaking his head. "No, not a demon like you..."

Sebastian crawled up to Ciel, sitting in his lap as he laid his head against him. "Cell, 'mere," He demanded, reaching his small hand up towards Ciel's face. Ciel looked to him curiously as he bent down slightly.

Sebastian smiled, wrapping his arms around Ciel's neck as he hugged him close. "Luv Cell," He cooed. "My Cell."

Ciel smiled warmly as he held the child close in a hug in return. "You're quite attached to me as a child, but that might change once you're back to normal... You never acted this way before..." He sighed softly. He stood with Sebastian in his arms, heading downstairs for breakfast, after which he proceeded to his office to catch up on his paperwork.

Ciel found it hard to concentrate on work, but he knew he had to get it done. He'd been neglecting his duties ever since Sebastian's kidnapping. The little butler played with his toys in his playpen peacefully, allowing Ciel the peace he needed to focus.

What would happen once Sebastian returned to normal?

Would the servants question him?

Would Sebastian lose his memories and forget about Ciel's feelings?

Would he remember, but laugh in his face?

Too many questions buzzed in Ciel's head, sending flutters of anxiety through his chest. All sense of panic was flushed out with warm affection, however, when he saw Sebastian cuddling his toy cat and cooing Ciel's name gently.

What was he so worried about? Everything would be fine. Sebastian cared for him, and he cared for Sebastian. Enough said. He settled peacefully back into his work habits.