Chapter 8

My heart beats fast, cold clammy skin with sweats on my back and forehead..

I take a deep breath.

It's just a dream-

I grip my blanket tightly, my face indifferent but my jaw is clenching. My posture is stiff.

I heard a shuffling noise outside, I calm myself up and breathe evenly-

Then I heard Loulu asking me if I am alright ..

I take a deep breath to calm my beating heart, relaxing a bit ..

..

...

"I am okay Loulu, go back to sleep." I answered her.

...

"Just call me young miss if you need anything." Then she left.

I gulp a bit and lick my lips. I didn't notice that I got a dry throat-

I reach for a cup of water and drink it.

The night is quiet. I only heard my quiet breathing,

I check what time is it and see that it is only between 3-4 am. I sigh, this could be a long day-

I lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling. This is the first time I dreamt of my old life after I transmigrated. I indulged myself to my new life that I forget what it feels to be betrayed of the one you deeply love ..

Now that a dream reminds me, I won't forget ..

I definitely won't forget so that it will not repeat again-

In this lifetime, I will certainly won't fall in love again. This time, I will rein my heart and use my brain so that I will not be betrayed again.

-------

I woke myself and squint at the light in my room. I feel light headedness with a pounding ache in my head.

Urgh ..my body feels heavy-

I feel hot all over my body and it is like someone bashed that my whole body ache. I call for someone.

Loulu quickly got in her feet and comes in my room. I reach for her and she help me to sit on my bed. She gasps and a little got flustered..

"Young miss! You are burning!"

"Someone call the doctor!"

Loulu got anxious and she laid me again on my bed. She told me to lie still and she will just get a towel and water for my burning body.

I close my eyes. Wow! This body of mine is so fragile, just a little bit of stress and what it got me. I sigh loudly.

The doctor came and check on me. He told me that I have a fever because a cold invade my body. He order me to take a rest and give a prescription to Loulu for my medicine. Loulu ask a servant quickly to make the medicine as she towel me with a cool water so that my high temperature will get a little low.

My mother visits me with father and my older brothers. They berate Loulu for what she is doing why I got sick. Loulu kneel on the ground and kowtow to them. She asks for punishment but I stop her and told my family that my sickness is no ones fault.

They are worried about me that they fuss all over and do this and that I told them to stop and make me get rest. They are a bunch of goofballs but I love them anyway.

They stop fussing over and remind me to take a rest and eat my food. They order the servant to watch their young miss carefully and if they make mistakes they will punish them heavily.

I just sigh and roll my eyes.

Then they left me on my lonesome self with servants again-

Fussing all over me.

Okay. This is the life of a young miss. I rest my case.

-------

In the midst of the city, a news is spreading ..

A young handsome youth bravely saves a young child from falling in the lake. This handsome youth also has an odd way of treating the child who becomes unconscious from drowning. They say that he is a miracle doctor. It is a miracle that he save someone who drowns as it is rarely that a drowned patient can be save.

Usually when someone got drowned, they will surely die but guess what? The handsome youth give the child a second life! Who would've thought of that.

So the news got spread and more and more people are now looking for the handsome youth. They are inquiring and investigating the youth's family and whereabouts. But all of them are baffled. The handsome youth vanished without a clue. He is so mysterious.

So there is a rumor going on ..

The handsome youth is an immortal,
he just save the child on a whim and disappeared after also on a whim.

-----

That handsome immortal they are talking about is now lying in her chaise longue, having an indolent afternoon.

After 3 days of rest her weak self is now again invigorated. But of course her lazy attitude is switched on because of her hate relationship on humid and hot weather.

She is actually reading and studying just it's not obvious because of her indolent stance.

Haaa ..if her teacher just see what her doing-

Poor Miss Ying Li ah ..
her favorite student is working hard la.

-*-

A/N

Hello Minna-san 😊

Thank you for reading my work. 🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️
What do you think of the story so far? It is a slow paced story if you noticed and I don't have a fixed schedule for my updates.

Uhh ..as you know I am kinda lazy and sometimes I feel like typing is a little bit of work. If there is an audio here, I would really like to use it for an oral story telling. But then again, continued talking is not recommended. That's what my guts say. Really. I'm sorry minna-sama 🙇‍♀️

Please give me your kind comments. Even the rude comments are welcome. Just don't overdo it, alright.

Hoping for your votes and comments.

Thanks again!