Chapter 9

In this era surprisingly days pass quickly. I live my life like a student in a dorm, eat sleep and study. My teacher is happy on my progress little by little and I am also proud to say that I can now play a nice song on the guzheng.

Playing chess is also become passable, albeit it's for entertainment only because a tournament is a little bit hard for me to pass. The good news is, my teacher assessed me as a smart girl because of all the subjects that she ask me to read- I finished it all and memorized it. And the best part is I understand it all and put it in good use. I will hang myself if even that I can't understand, what's the use of my diploma and master's degree if a simple topics and subjects like that will get me into problem. That is just unacceptable. I pride myself in being a good student and a good learner in my old life. That I get a very good job.

Actually I am one of the most sought after cardiac surgeon in a big and famous hospital in my old life. Big and rich people  currying favor in me because of my ability and having a good position and rank on the said famous hospital.

All aspiring doctors idolize me, I am their role model. I remember, my husband is also a good doctor in that hospital but they overlook him because of my bright future.

Now if you look at it like that, I just realized that he is also one of those who curry favor to me just a level higher. He also wants a good position in the hospital that he bid his goddamn fucking time to strike at me. I am such a fool, really. Thinking that he truly loves me. Such a fool.

My heart squeezed when I remember it. Like there is a vice grip clamping on it tightly, can't breathe ..

I took a deep breath.

Erase! Erase!

I call Loulu to ask for an update. You see, as I am a little bit skeptical on my married life later because of the 'rumors about me', I got a plan for my life. In this era where women cannot stand equally to men there is hardship especially if the woman don't have a backer and just a normal commoner.

So I thought that even if I have a good family background, I can't leech off to them eternally so I make good business here and there to support and provide for myself in my later years.

Smart right? I planned a tea cafe to start my businessminded self, different varities of tea, different choices, different flavors. There is hot and of course I also introduce a cold tea with ice. And of course I also introduce new pastries in my cafe. It is a good snacks in my old life that I right away must try to sell here.

Loulu is one truly god send gift, truly capable and smart like her master. She is the one in charge of all the things I told her, I am merely the one who is in the backgroud providing stuff and ideas to her. She did make a miracle. And now my business is running smoothly because of her. No one knows that I am the one who owns the cafe. It is tightly wrap up by of course Loulu. She is the one secretary that every CEO in my old life treasures, and she's mine. Lucky!

"Young miss! The cafe is booming, all young noble personages like your teas and pastries. It is so wonderful young miss, the cafe is always full." Loulu excitedly report at me.

"Hmmm ..that's good! Any problem on the way?" I ask her.

"No problem young miss. It is well taken cared of. Don't worry miss." She pound her chest

I nod and smile.
"Come give Loulu a cold ice tea for a job well done!" Someone come and pour an iced tea on a tall glass and give to Loulu.

Loulu delightedly took it and sip. Her smile bloom.

"Young miss really you never stop to amaze me. This ice cold tea is refreshing, my body got rejuvenate to this hot weather." Loulu praise me.

"Here." I reach my hand to her and put something on her hand.

"Young miss .."

"My good Loulu, that is your well deserved gift from me. Don't over think too much."

"Thanking young miss for your generosity." Loulu bow at me with her hands on each other.

"Hmmm ..keep up the good work." I pat her shoulder and wave at her indicating that she can leave.

I can serve myself, no need to make problems to others. They are all busy with their work.

And then again I was alone.
I take a deep breath and sits comfortably on my chaise longue. Thinking other things.

Ah! Playing chess with myself. Familiarizing every strategies so that I can surprise my teacher next time she comes here.