Your Average Nerd

"Emma! You're going to be late for school!" I blinked my eyes open. The clock read 7:30. 7:30! God, I was gonna be late. I jumped out of bed and threw on my Hogwarts t-shirt and jeans and ran out into the kitchen. I grabbed my waffles (my favorite) from the plate and stuffed them into my lunchbox. I went into the living room and checked my desk for any forgotten homework. None. I threw my sweater on and jammed my beanie on my head. I slung my backpack on my shoulder and walked out the door. "Bye Mom!" I shouted through the screen.

That morning I felt the walk up my driveway was so long. By the time I got there, I heard the bus coming around the corner. "Thank God." I thought to myself. I had everything, and I made the bus.

I climbed on the bus with a nod to my bus driver, a young woman with a pierced nose and tongue and belly button, from what I could see from her crop top she wore today. She had tattoos all over her. "No wonder she's only a bus driver. Look at her. Probably a high school dropout, too." I thought to myself. I sat in my normal seat three rows from the front, by myself, like always.

I ate my waffles in silence. Some stupid juniors in the back were talking about stupid stuff. I took my notebook out of my bag and started to write. See, most of the guys at my school want to be professional football players, but most of them are going to work at McDonalds the rest of their lives. I, on the other hand, want to be a writer, and if that doesn't work out, a surgeon.

We passed what I thought was the last stop. "Good." I thought. I'll have some peace here up front. but then, a few minutes later, the bus stopped again. Probably just some kid who normally drives to school but's hungover or something. I thought to myself. But then i heard a soft "plunk" beside me. I glanced over, thinking some jerk had thrown something at me. But no. Sitting beside me was a boy. A real live boy. Sitting next to me. To ME! "Hi" the blonde boy said to me in an irish accent. "I'm Niall. I'm new to Lionsdale High." "H-hi." I stammered awkwardly. "I'm Emma." "Cool" Niall said then started playing with his phone. I was stunned. "Most likely he'll become popular, or at least popular-ish and he'll never talk to me again. He looks cute enough." Was of course my thought.

Finally the bus came to a stop beside a large brick building. "Welcome to Lionsdale High." I said to Niall. "Where all nightmares come true."

A/N

ELLO my lovelies! I know this is kind of a bad + short chapter but keep reading I hope it turns out well! Arrrg maybe you shouldn't read my authors notes they,re awful. 😂 Oh well. Just wanted to say Emma's personal opinions, especially about her peers, are not necessarily my opinions and if you do not agree with then just ignore them and move on, don't cuss me out in the comments. I'Ve seen that on other peoples stories and I don't want that to happen to me XOXOXOX

~~~~~~~~Sydney