Me

A toddler comes running out of what seems like a tiny kitchen. She has choppy brown hair and large brown eyes that seem to be looking everywhere at once.

Her name is Emma.

Little Emma has run out of the kitchen into a sitting room.

"Daddy! Daddy! Watch me! The very young man sitting in the couch didn't look up. Emma climbed onto a stuffed green chair and stood on it.

"Daddy, lo-"

She fell.

As she fell, having all the same instincts everyone has, flailed out her arms as she fell, catching on to a small table. Unfortunately, the table was very small and not at all sturdy.

It also had a glass vase on it.

Not a special vase.

Just a vase.

But her daddy didn't think so.

As soon as girl and glass hit the floor, Emma's daddy stood up and his face turned sour.

"How DARE you?!"

"You had no right to knock this vase over!"

"You're useless!"

"You do nothing but break things!"

You're a MISTAKE!"

At this point Emma stopped listening to her daddy, because at this point he slapped her. Hard. On her face.

Emma screamed.

A young girl ran into the room.

"Devin?"

Emma's daddy, Devin, stood up straight. "yes, Molly?"

"What happened? Why did Emma scream?"

Devin shrugged. "No idea. She just started screaming." But Emma was done.

"No."

"What did you say?" Devin asked.

Emma looked straight into her daddy's eyes. "I said no. I fell. Glass cut me. Daddy hit me."

Molly gasped. "is it true?"

Devin shrugged. "Does it matter?"

Molly glared at him. "Of course! I need to know if you hurt my daughter."

"YOUR daughter? Is this YOUR house"

Devin burst out. "She's my daughter too! You're only 16. You NEED me!"

"No. If you hurt Emma, this will not be my house. Emma will not be your daughter."

"Excuse me? Emma will always be my daughter! Yes, I hit her, but she knocked over my vase!" Devin says.

"We're leaving." Molly replies.

"Well that's shit. You're not leaving. You don't have the guts." Devin says with a cocky smile.

"Really?" Molly says. She walks away, into a room to the right.

"I knew she wasn't really leaving. Now she wants to have a cuddle fest." Devin says under his breath. "Great."

Molly comes back out, with two suitcases, like she had been planning this exact moment for years.

"Wha-" Devin starts.

"Come on Emma. Lets go." Molly interjects. She picks Emma up off the floor next to the broken glass and heads for the door.

"Excuse me? You're going nowhere." Devil said.

He came closer and closer to Molly, then smashed his lips to hers. She tried to pull away, but he was too strong. In Devin's haste to get Molly to stay, he made her drop Emma. It wasn't a long way down, it didn't hurt her.

But she was next to the glass.

She picked up a triangular piece, and stabbed it down into her daddy's foot.

"Bad Daddy"

A scream.

A push.

Many words not to be repeated.

A door slam.

Molly and Emma were out.

They caught a bus to nowhere.

He would never find them.

As soon as I stabbed my father foot, I was me. I was no longer little Emma. I was Emma. Me.

My father has no part of my life now.

I'm pretty sure he's in jail now.

But every so often, I think about something.

Does he think about us at all? Does he remember us? Does he remember me?

(A/N)

Hey guys! Figured i'd give you some backstory stuff. I still left you the cliffhanger, sorry, but for some reason, I felt like I needed to put this here.

Anyway..

Emma feels so low since she went solo. (Ha ha get it?)

K i'm done.

Keegs update stuff for me.

YAYYY NEW COVER!

YAY OR NAY???

YAY A STRAWBERRY

doesn't have quite the effect as the pineapple, does it?

Alright... Bye! I want to kiss every single one of you!

Go crazy!

Now i'm done.

😘