mark's eyes flushed with a sweet honey color, ambrosia and rose tinted in his cheeks with a pale rush of rhythm.

he held a single sunflower between his fingertips, lithe with aroma and he couldn't help but smile, as he crossed the neighborhood.

he had came on a bike, but accidently forgot it at the field that the flower came from. he didn't even know how he forgot. . .

though the boy had a feeling, as butterflies crept into his chest, that once he told donghyuck the story he'd get to hear that peachy giggle of his.

when mark had first met his boyfriend, they were just mere children running through lilies of the valley.

scrapped knees, mirthful laughter, and most of the time their warm palms fitting together like puzzle pieces.

they thought nothing of the strange yet strong skinship back then.

in fact, until last year, they hadn't seen each other for half a decade.

hyuck had moved school's during middle school, which left mark to go through his own growth alone and it just hurt so badly, to be alone.

but then somehow, they ended up meeting again at the small gas station they had once shared candy from behind mark's house.

it was sort of the usual, cliche love story. but it was true, so they stuck with it.

-

"jun, he's just so. . . him, its ethereal."

donghyuck rolled onto his stomach, his phone in hand, smiling so widely like he had met santa claus for the first time.

"he makes you really happy, i can tell."

"sorryㅡ i know you don't like talking about this stuff."

renjun chuckled from the other line. the blonde never found it annoying or disturbing when hyuck talked about his adoration for the boy named mark.

it was cute.

"iㅡi think im in love with him. like, really in love. that, whenever i call him, i can't help but smile at his messy hair, how he prefers to be called baby kitten over baby lion, how his voice sounds like soft clouds at dawn.

"and how he lets me hold his hand when he's scared, and maybe doesn't even want to be looked at, he lets me love him. it just, makes me feel some type of way. . ."

it was silent.

"you're in love, hyuckㅡ"

ding-dong! ding-dong! ding-ding-ding dong!

the sound of the doorbell flooded the house, causing donghyuck to gasp and almost drop his phone.

"he's here! sorry, i'll call back later,"

he ran a hand through his mahogany locks, running rapidly down the hallway from his room and opening the front door with a grin.

"hi."