the intoxicating scent of chlorine and despair just made it even harder for hyuck's lungs to grasp a single breath.

once the lee's were phoned, it wasn't marks tidal wave of a voice that subsided against the line.

it was unfamiliar; rough but gentle, like the rainstorms donghyuck stitched into his heart.

he said his name was 'nakamato yuta, mark was being taken to the central hospital a few minutes away and before had asked to call this number, everything was going to be okay.'

panic had filled donghyucks body and he had become immobile for a minute, before turning quickly to his parents and taking mark's vintage jacket from a rack as they ran out the household.

it smells like him.

he was now pacing back and forth between the halls of the white hospital, fiddling with his slender fingers and hands with the jacket over his shoulders.

his mother was outside, calling mark's parents while his father held his head in his hands, and mouthed a prayer to the rain above.

hyuck didn't even feel the pendrels of fear nor his body shaking, until he heard the screen of his phone hit the tiled floor and felt a nurse tap him gently on the shoulder,

"you've been shaken up for a bit, kiddo. here,"

she handed him a juicebox, which actually made him feel better.

he had expected liters of water, but the dizziness his eyes held and the way his legs shook with every pace slowly diminished with the bitterness of sugar.

"mㅡma'am, do you happㅡhappen to know anything about a patient that arrived some time ago, mark lee?"

the woman paused, then placed a firm smile against her lips. "i don't, kiddo, sorry."

she's lying.