a/n: before you continue reading the chapter, please read this. some of you know that lately, i've been feeling really down. and i just wanted to say, thank you. thank you to my beautiful friends that left those messages, thank you to every precious person that supports and reads this book. you make me feel happier by just existing. ilysm.

donghyuck had awoken about a few hours later, shuddering and whispering nothings to himself under his breath, just to make sure he could calm down.

his mahogany, sunlit locks were like fringe to his eyes, wondering if he should cut it soonㅡ but remembered that mark loved his hair, so not anytime soon.

he opened his mouth to speak, but the only thing that happened was a searing, burning pain in the back of his throat.

a coil of panic wrapped around his neck, as he tried to call out for the only thing his lips knew best.

"mㅡmoon. . ."

it came out as a hoarse sound, his knees wobbled and knocked against one another, like metallic lips dripping in saturn rings and moonglade; he only fell back onto his bed.

the wood of the bed frame knocked against the walls, harsh sounds booming into the household.

the noises riled up mark in the kitchen, who, instead of going out with ma to buy groceries, stayed in the lee's residency to cook for hyuck.

he put down the carton of chocolate milk,"sunshine, you okay in there?"

hearing mark's voice crashed against his soul like a wreckage of waves, and his tears built into his eyes like the foam of sea on a gloomy day.

for it was such a heinous, melodious tone of choice that brought nostalgic smokes from the younger's breath. his tears fell like the shallow ends of despairity, as the boy from the moon entered the room.

he kneeled down in front of the no longer beaming boy, "oh, godㅡ hyuck, what's wrong?"

donghyuck made a small 'x' on his throat with his fingers, shaking his head vigorously.

the older felt hyuck's cheeks and neck with the back of his palms, before softly kissing the boy's forehead and sitting next to the light of his life.

mark chuckled a little, "hey, hey. . . why're you crying, sunshine? it's just a small fever, you're fine."

hyuck had suddenly felt so small and possessive, that he couldn't help but make grabby hands towards mark after wiping his tears away, which only caused his cheeks to burn.

the moon boy laced a hand with one of the latter's, and kissed it with his warmth.

"i'll get you some medicine first!"

hyuck huffed, blowing hair from his eyes as he did so and placing a pout amongst his lips.

"i'll be right back, beautiful."