donghyuck's breath was sucked from his lungs, his eyes bulging in fear as rapid gasps fell from his lips.

his face was covered with warm tears and sat there; shivered from the cold clothes sticking to his body and the images his head drew so flawlessly.

"babyㅡ?" a soft pillow of touch trailed against his face, and donghyuck screamed.

mark couldn't tell if it was from fear or joy, but his heart had never felt so broken because the scream was purely too agonizing.

"hyuck, breath, please!"

"cㅡcan'tㅡ"

mark wrapped his arms slowly around the younger, his warmth like ginger and denim.

he rocked them back and forth, whispering small nothings into donghyuck's ear and softly running his fingers through the boys locks.

every so often, the younger would violently tremble and ball mark's shirt up into his fists.

the terror in his dream could not stop glistening, like a replayed album in his head that he was too scared to even open his mouth to sing along to.

"i'm gonna go get you some water, flower."

"no, please don't leave me! nㅡnot again. . ." he reached out for mark quickly.

"stay, wㅡwith me."

"breath, okay? in and out."

the two lyed back down, hugging each other to their chests and donghyuck didn't dare to interrupt it with his sewn lips.

-

mark had stayed over for the past two days or so, donghyuck's heart filled with warmth and lumine.

all they ever did was cuddle and play around, but that was just enough.

hyuck had always ranted about how surreal mark was to renjun, who gave him the best advice he could for his feelings.

renjun had never been in a relationship as far as donghyuck knewㅡ how did he know so much?

"sunflower~ are you that sleepy?" mark cooed gently, turning to face his boyfriend's sleeping state.

he was so pretty, even in sleep.

"wake up," mark ran his fingertips over the younger's hair, tracing the laughter lines of his cheeks, and finally finding a way to peck his lips.

a giggle filled the air, followed by a column of laughter as donghyuck's eyes finally fluttered open.

"morning, my pretty baby. . ." in his sleepy figure, his words slurred cutely.

he suddenly sat up with a deft motion, lifting mark's chin up, and gazing sweetly at his marbled irises. hyuck then brushed his lips against the others, before kissing him in such surprise that mark fell onto his chest.

mark blushed deeply, the pink rosy colors on the tip of his cheeks and he forced himself to mumble into donghyuck's shirt. "gooㅡgood morning,"

there was a tingling on his lips; whether it was donghyuck's cherry lip balm or his nerves, he adored it.

"m' sorry, i couldn't help it,"

he hugged him closer, and tighter, maybe even hoping that their hearts would collide.