Tested patience.

It's early morning when Y/n arrives back at Beacon all he wants right now is a shower to clean all the blood off himself. Luckily for y/n it was still early and most of the students were asleep. Y/n sneaked into his dorm room. The girls were still asleep thankfully. Y/n's eyes immediately fell on Blake. He was worried she wouldn't have been able to sleep after last night. Y/n noticed his freshly cleaned suit hanging from his hammock. 'Perfect I really needed that but who cleaned it?' Y/n thinks to himself picking up the suit he notices a tag attached to it. 'We all thought you might want some fresh clothes to change into! Team RWBY' He looks at the girls before heading to the bathroom. Y/n was now stood in the shower the hot water pouring over him as the blood mixed with the water flowing down the drain. The events of last night were playing through his mind. He closed his eyes running his hands through his hair. "Why did I get so angry when he said that?" Y/n says to himself quietly while remembering the comments the waiter had said about Blake. 'Do I like her?' Y/n shakes his head 'No that couldn't be possible I promised never to get attached to anyone after Olivia..' Y/n looks down and hears the Darkness chuckle. "YOU LOSE YOURSELF TO YOUR THOUGHTS!" It's a long shower for y/n stuck in his thoughts.

 Y/n is now dressed in his suit though he liked his combat clothes Y/n always felt more comfortable in his suit. "This will need a heavy cleaning.." Y/n says looking at his the combat clothes in his wash pile. When Y/n steps out the bathroom he sees the rest of the rooms occupants are now all awake and looking at him. "Y/N!" Ruby shouts out causing him to cover his ears a little. "Jeez Red dial it down a notch others are still sleeping surely." In truth Y/n had a massive headache and just wanted to rest more than anything. "Thank you for protecting Blake last night seriously." Y/n looks at Blake and stands in front of her. "Are you okay?" she asks him. He nods a little. "I am now seeing that you are alright. Blake I'm sorry about last night. It turns out that was a mafia assassination attempt one that would have been successful too had it been anyone else they had targeted." Blake looks up at him. "It's not your fault Y/n." He doesn't say anything instead he just looks sad. "Hey how about you two go out for a date once this is all cleared up then huh?" Yang says obviously trying to hook them both up. Blake is about to say something before Y/n speaks. "I don't do dates anymore sorry." Y/n walks out the dorm leaving the girls stunned and Blake feeling sad. "Hey just give it sometime i'm sure he will change his mind okay partner." Yang say in an attempt to cheer up Blake.

Y/n walks out of the dorm room. "I'm sorry Blake but I'm doing this to keep you and everyone safe." He heads towards the cafeteria needing something to eat. Y/n grabs the first thing available not even caring what it is. Y/n then decides to sit at a different table on his own. Y/n can see Team JNPR who are soon joined by team RWBY. Blake looks over at y/n as he eats by himself and she sighs. "Hey why is y/n all by himself?" Nora asks out loud. "Well er..Let's just say he had a very difficult night." Ruby said. She too was also now looking over at y/n who looked very down. Y/n was slowly taking in spoonfuls of food not really caring about anything around him at the moment. "Hey Dick your in my spot!" Y/n raised his head to see Cardin Winchester stood with his team behind him. 'Did this guy seriously not learn his lesson last time?' Y/n thinks. "Then sit somewhere else Winchester I don't care..." Cardin drops his tray all over y/n on purpose gaining everyone's attention. Luckily for y/n it was only his suit jacket that got dirty but he was still annoyed but Y/n wasn't in the mood to fight right now. "This suit was just cleaned..." Cardin laughs. "What do I care why don't you get your dumb ass friends to clean it. Better yet why not get that bitchy book reading girlfriend of yours to do it." That was the last straw y/n lost it. He grabbed Cardin by his arm flipping him over his shoulder in turn slamming him on to the table while everyone watched in shock. Y/n then grabbed the knife from his tray holding it above Cardin's eye. Blake was really worried now she had never seen y/n be so violent. "One more word and I'll gouge your fucking eye out I swear to fuck! Do you understand!?" Y/n was angry beyond belief. Cardin could only nod fearfully. "Good! Now your going to apologise to my friends and Blake Understood?" Again Cardin nods fearfully as Y/n lets go of him. Cardin gets up feeling weak at the knees he falls in front of Team RWBY and JNPR. "I...I'm Sorry." He says then looks over at Y/n who throws the knife down. "Now get out of my sight." Cardin quickly gets up rushing out of the cafeteria with his team. "Mr L/n! Ozpin wants you in his office now!" Miss Goodwitch says angrily as she walks into the cafeteria. "Was already going to head there anyway." Y/n says taking his suit jacket off leaving him his white shirt and suit pants. He walks up to her. "Let's drop this off at the cleaners first shall we I also have a bloody combat suit to clean with it." Y/n says walking out of the cafeteria his words sending down shivers down many people's spines.

Y/n was now sat in Ozpin's office currently being lectured by the man. "Mr l/n I understand you have had a difficult night but you cannot take it out on the students like that. Do I make myself clear." Y/n only gets up to look out the window. "Very clear headmaster but might I suggest you teach the students to treat one another with respect not like they are better than one another. Perhaps I don't know say Cardin Winchester could learn from these lessons?" Ozpin looked at y/n with a frown. "Your sarcasm is noted however I cannot entirely disagree with your thoughts on respect among the students. Mr Winchester has caused several problems but as I said I cannot have you attacking students." Y/n knew Ozpin was right but he was still pissed off. "Look I lost it not just today but last night. Me getting attacked last night didn't make me angry it's the fact Blake was put in harms way." This catches Ozpin's attention as Y/n starts to pace the room. "It was the same today I lost it with Cardin not because he dumped his breakfast on me after all I came back covered in blood. No it was when he insulted my friends and Blake." Y/n sits back down in one of the chairs now. "Forgive me Y/n but can I ask do you have feelings for Miss Belladonna?" Y/n sighs. "Honestly I don't know. I feel happy when she is around but lonely when she is gone. The night before I accidentally fell asleep in her bed and honestly I haven't slept that well in years. However I refuse to act on these potential feeling I might have. She's safer without someone like me around." Ozpin sips from his mug. "I believe you should think about her feelings as well your own Mr l/n after all it was Mr Powell who said you need to find something that helps you contain the Darkness as well as give you purpose." Y/n sits quietly thinking about what Ozpin has said. The sound of elevator breaks the silence. A nervous man steps out of the elevator with Miss Goodwitch. "Mr Powell once again thank you so much for coming." Y/n gets up to focus on the matter at hand. When Johnny is sat down. Y/n starts to talk. "So last nights attack on me at the restaurant seemed to be some mafia for hire. Whats interesting though is this." Y/n pulls out the envelope filled with cash and drops it on Ozpin's desk. "Three guesses who hired them." Johnny fidgets nervously. "Oh Shit the Brotherhood.." Y/n nods and takes the cash out. "I'm keeping the money seems only fair since they tired to kill me.." Y/n sits backs down. "So here is my only question why is the brotherhood hiring the mafia to take me out I thought you said they were strong Johnny?" Johnny quickly jumps "Don't Underestimate the Brotherhood Y/n!" Y/n looks at him."Wasn't planning on it Johnny." Ozpin chooses now to interrupt, "What happened after we picked up Miss Belladonna last night y/n?" Y/n leans back in his chair. "I noticed the waiter from the restaurant had been the one to tip off the mafia members waiting to attack apparently they had been there for weeks waiting for me. Anyways I tracked him down to one of the old buildings seemed to be their hideout. Long story short their leader gave up a clue before the Darkness decided to go crazy on me. Not like it's sane in the first place.." Ozpin thinks for a moment. "What was this clue?" " Well the boss said some guy that hangs around the Brimstone Club was the one who hired them." Johnny jumps up form his seat. "This is all a big fucking trap man.. They only hired those guys to test if you really had the Darkness y/n. Going to this Brimstone club is a trap." Y/n gets up. "Of course it's a trap but what choice do I have? We can't let anyone else get hurt by these crazy fucks." Ozpin turns in his chair. "For now It would be best if we waited a week or two before you head to this brimstone club..." Y/n smirks. "Sounds like you know what type of club it is professor." He chuckles. "I may not indulge in it's activities like others but I at least know what a brothel is Mr l/n." Johnny looks at the envelope getting more worried by the minute. "So what do we do for now?" Y/n asks "Nothing just try to act as normal as possible though I suggest you stay out of classes and focus on training during the days. We had the facility equipped with curtains so you should be able to focus on using the Darkness during day saving you going out at night." Y/n nods "Bring some Grimm for me to slaughter and that works out fine for me." Y/n then gets ready to leave Ozpin's office. "We have covered up your trail last night with a story about a loose serial killer for now but please do try to keep the darkness and check. Think hard about what I said Y/n." Y/n nods as he leaves.

Y/n decides he really needs to rest now heading back to his dorm. When y/n arrives he is glad to find it is empty. Changing into his sleeping clothes y/n then climbs into his hammock. 'I guess it is lonely sleeping alone again.' Y/n closes his eyes and quickly falls asleep. Y/n has been asleep for a couple of hours When Team RWBY walk into the dorm. They turn their heads to see y/n asleep in his hammock. "It doesn't surprise that he's come back here but why was he so violent earlier?" Weiss says shivering a little at the memory of y/n earlier. "Well at least he looks more peaceful now right." Ruby says sitting down on her bed. A few more hours pasted and visible sounds of discomfort start to fill the room. Team RWBY looks around to see they are coming from Y/n who seems to be having some sort of nightmare.