Grimm Attack and Relics

It was days later when I arrived back at Beacon after a long mission retrieving an artifact for Ozpin. As soon as I arrived back he saw Team JNPR heading out for their mission. "I just don't know I got this feeling..." I heard Jaune say. "Not doubting yourself already are we?"  I tease but before Jaune can reply to me or even acknowledge I'm here a Siren starts blaring out. "That does not sound good." I say in a now serious tone. Jaune nods. "Were changing our mission. Everyone on board." I decide to join team JNPR on the bullhead. "You know Jaune you might be right I got a bad feeling about this..."

Not even a second after the Bullhead lands myself and team Jaune get out. We can see my team just about holding off some Grimm but they will soon be overrun. "Nora get the King Taijitu." She gives me a wide grin before she launches herself towards my team. Pyrrha drops down beside Ren as they hurry to take down some Grimm. I look at Jaune sigh a little. 'Well at least he's not backing down for the challenge I suppose. I load my guns while he runs ahead until an Ursa drops down behind him. I aim my gun getting ready to pull the trigger when I see Jaune manage to take it down causing me to smile a little. "He's improved." The moment is slight ruined when The monkey faunas and his pal show up. Nobody move, Junior detectives!" He holds up a shiny badge. "We have badges so you know it's official." Suddenly both badges get shot out of their hands and I just whistle innocently. Before either of them can retaliate however A large ship appears above us all. "Atlas..." I say. They don't pull any punches as they drop some of their robot troops to help out. I holster my gun now. "Seems my help is not needed." I watch as two of the transfer students from Haven take out some of the Grimm. 'Their skills are impressive but something is off about them.' Team CVFY decides to join in the fight now and it proves to be an entertaining show. "Truly a woman's handbag is her most dangerous weapon..."I find myself saying. The Grimm stand no chance now and it doesn't take long till Professor Goodwitch shows up and closes up the hole that has been letting the Grimm in. 

We had now taken Torchwich into custody that's when my girlfriend and teammates realize I am here. "Y/n? when did you get back?" Blake asks me as she hugs me then stands by my side. "About an hour ago. I was talking to team JNPR on the landing platform when the siren went off." I wrap my arm around Blake's waist. "Still strange seeing you two finally together." Yang teases but I roll my eyes. "So what did Ozpin want you to do then Y/n?" Ruby asks me. I pull out the artifact.  "This little bastard was difficult to track down."  I take out a mask and hold it up. "Nowhere as good as mine either." Blake had helped me overlook the situation with my face reminding me that it wasn't permanent. A bullhead arrives to take us back to Beacon.

I was sat in Ozpin's office. He was currently engaged in a video call with the apparent councilors of Vale. "You have left us with no choice. The Vytal festival can not be broadcast, Let alone be held if we can not ensure the safety of the citizens." I roll my eyes. "Therefore we reached out to the Atlas council and have together decided that the best option would be to appoint General Ironwood as head of security for the event." I get up out of my chair moving beside Ozpin curious to see who this so called council is. "Thank you councilman. Our kingdom is happy to lend as many troops as it takes to ensure this event runs smoothly." I click my tongue recognizing the man now. "I question how truly safe the people will be Ironwood. After all what if the troops were suddenly to turn on us who do we rely on then?" The man doesn't take my criticism well. "While I appreciate you concerns it is none of your business what goes on in Vale or Atlas keep your opinions to yourself." I put the mask Ozpin wanted down on his desk. "Tell me Mr Ironwood how long has it been 4 years now?" Ironwood's tone changes. "Since what?" I pull out my pistol. "Well since your right side started playing up." "You MotherF...." I shot out the screen much to Ozpin's slight annoyance. "Boring conversation anyway." I sat back down. "You will be charged for that you know." I nod. "And what do you mean 4 years ago. Do you have history with the General?" I put my pistol away in my suit jacket. "You could say that. 4 years ago I took a job. Job was in Atlas guy wanted 4 people killed and one seriously hurt. 3 guesses who that was." Ozpin looks at me. "You are aware that attacking a member of military whether it is Atlas or not is punishable by death." I shrug. "I was 13 back then and it was the only way I knew how to make money to survive. Besides the guy seems like a bit of an asshole. Sure he may claim to be looking out for the people but what lines will he cross to make sure they are safe? Some risks are not worth taking." Ozpin seems to be in deep thought for a moment so I decide to change the subject. "So this mask what's so special about it." Ozpin looks at it on his desk. "Mr Powell informed me that it has something to do with the darkness." This raises my interest. "How so?" "I am unsure. Mr Powell is away on personal business so we can discuss the matter further when he returns."  I nod and pick up the mask again  before I bid my farewell to Ozpin. When I got back to the dorm I saw the girls were all asleep not that I blamed them they had all fought well today. I got changed and took off my mask before getting into Blake's bed having her arms wrap around my torso I smile and close my eyes.