Dance Dance Darkness

Ruby,Yang and Weiss were in the main hall setting up for the dance. While Weiss and Yang were busy with moving objects around and picking items Ruby was just sitting at a table pouting. Two Identical pieces of cloth were suddenly placed in front of her. "I need you to pick a table cloth." Weiss says revealing herself to be the one in front of Ruby. Ruby looks down at the cloths. "Aren't they both the same?" Weiss sighs. "I don't even know why I asked." She walks away with the cloths while Yang walks into view with a giant speaker. Ruby rests her head on the table feeling down. She doesn't even react when Yang slams the speaker down on the floor causing her chair and table to move in the air. Yang walks over to her sister now. "So have you picked out a dress yet?" Ruby turns her head to look at Yang. "What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Both Y/n and Blake aren't going." Yang puts her hand on her hips "Oh don't worry they are both going." Yang looks to the side. "Weiss! I thought we agreed no Doilies." Weiss walks back over. "If I don't get my doilies you don't get your fog machines." Weiss says before the doors open revealing Sun and Neptune walking in. "Your dance is going to have fog machines?" Weiss immediately changes her mood. "We were thinking about it." She smiles at Neptune. "That's pretty cool." He says in return. "So you ladies all excited for dress up?" Sun says as the girls look at him in reply. "Pfft yeah right." Yang just smiles. "Laugh all you want I'll be turning heads tomorrow night." Weiss turns to the two boys. "What will you two be wearing?" Sun just looks at her. "Uhh this.." Neptune quickly stands in front of him. "Ignore him for he does not know what he speaks." Sun moves in front of him again. "Hey I may have moved to Mistral but I grew up in Vacuo it's not exactly a shirt and tie kind of place." Yang crosses her arms. "Yeah we've noticed." She says while Sun starts to rub the back of his head. "So uhh... What does Blake think of all this? She still being all Blake-y..." Weiss turns her head away from him to look at her team. "Obviously." Ruby lifts her head up a little. "I still can't think of a way to change hers and Y/n's mind." Yang moves in front of them all now. "Guys trust me Blake will be at the dance tomorrow." Yang says as she looks at Y/n in the distance though the window. "As will Y/n." She smiles walking out the door.

I was still wearing my mask whenever I left my room now. The scars were hideous and I didn't want anyone to see them. I was in the training facility currently shooting down targets on the range. I wanted to keep my skills in top condition. I had not heard Yang walk in. "I see you still can shoot like normal." I turn to see her. "Here to change my mind about the dance? I'm sorry to disappoint but my minds made up." I turn back and shoot down the last target. "In all honesty I've been thinking about leaving Beacon and Vale." Yang grabs me surprising me. "Don't you dare!" She looks up at me. I can tell Yang can sometimes intimidates others but I always look at her as a sister. "You would all be safer though." I say looking down at her. "How can you say that? You would have died had it not been for us." She was right of course had they not saved me I would have indeed died and the Darkness would be in the hands of the brotherhood. "You have my eternal thanks for that all of you. I just don't want to put any of you in danger anymore. You guys are the only thing I have left to a family anymore." Yang lets go of me. "What about Blake can you just leave her behind?" I sigh in annoyance. "Why are you bringing up Blake. Yes I like her but any chance I had of dating her is gone Yang." She looks at me. "And how do you know that?" I rip my mask off. "Look at me!" She stops for a moment obviously surprised by my outburst. I close my eyes instantly regretting it. "I..I'm sorry I shouldn't have shouted. Just look at me Yang who would date someone like me. I am quick to anger, anti social not mention the fact I have so much blood on my hands both before I met her and now with the brotherhood..." I look down now. "My face is disfigured I can't even go outside without my mask anymore because I feel shame for almost failing against the brotherhood. How can I even swear to protect her if I can't even look after myself.." I pull out a cigarette placing it in my mouth. "Since when did you smoke?" I give her a look. "Look Y/n if you want to make sure we our safe then stay with us. Blake needs you. Ever since we got back she's been doing awful she barely eats or sleeps." I look at her. feeling slightly worried. "She is so caught up with your well being and the white fang. Honestly Y/n if she is like this when you are asleep for a week and a half then just imagine what it will do to her when she find out you left.." I look up at the ceiling now closing my eyes. "Alright fine! If I stay and go to this dance can you promise me she will get better then?" Yang smiles now. "It's a promise." I light my cigarette now. "Guess I better get a tux in Vale then..." I open my eyes slowly. 'So I'm staying then.'

Blake and Yang were currently arguing in an empty classroom. "Yang if you're going to tell me to stop you may as well save your breath." Blake was pacing the room eager to get back while Yang was sat patiently on top of the teachers desk. "I don't want you to stop. I want you to slow down." Blake stops pacing. "We don't have the luxury of slowing down." Blake began pacing again. "Its not a luxury it's a necessity." Blake folds her arms turning to Yang. "The necessity is stopping Torchwich. Y/n would understand why I have to do this." Yang pats the spot in front of her indicating Blake to sit in front of her. "We are going to stop Torchwich Blake all of us but you and Y/n need to calm down." Blake glares a little. "Calm down how we can calm down? The white fang are running freely robbing dust stores and ruining the faunas reputation. Y/n almost died because of a crazy organization and has still not woken up." Yang holds up her hand. "Actually he woke up last night Blake." Blake's tired eyes open a little. "He's awake? Where is he!?" Yang get up now. "Listen I'm only saying this because I know you care about him. He needs you right now. If you see somebody wearing a black skull mask then it's Y/n he's keeping his face covered from the public at the moment." Blake was confused. "Why is he hiding is it the brotherhood again?" Yang shakes her head. "Whatever happened between Y/n and that Victor guy left Y/n heavily scarred now he refuses to let anyone but us see it. Did I tell you he also came back drunk as hell last night. At first we didn't know it was him I've never seen him act in such a way. He was talking about leaving.." Blake looks down a little. "I thought the darkness would have healed him...and why would he leave." Yang puts her hand on her shoulder. "It's better you hear it from Y/n. I managed to convince him to go to the dance. I promise Blake we will deal with Torchwich but we can't if both you and Y/n can't even think straight." She starts to leave the room leaving Blake to think. "Blake if you come to the dance tomorrow I'll make sure Y/n saves a dance for you." She winks.

Y/n POV
I had spent the night in Vale picking out a tuxedo. Everywhere I went people looked at me most likely because of my mask maybe they thought I was a member of the White Fang? By the time I had finished picking out a new tux it was very late. I was also very tired so I decided to check into a hotel for the night rather than head back to Beacon. As soon as I walked into the room I took off my mask placing onto the bedside table. I then fell onto the bed and fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning I looked at my scroll to see several missed calls from Yang. I rolled my eyes and called her. "Y/n where are you!" I held the scroll away from my ears to save my hearing. I rubbed my tired eyes. "Good morning to you too Yang..." She sounds unhappy with me. "Y/n you said you weren't leaving Beacon after all the effort I made yesterday why weren't you here last night." I groan. "Yang before you jump to conclusions I'm going to stop you right there. One I already said I was staying. Two I had to go to Vale last night in order to get a new tuxedo which might I add was very expensive for being a last minute purchase. Three I was exhausted by the time I was done so I stayed in a hotel for the night. Now was there anything else you care to ask?" To my surprise Yang apologies to me. "I'm sorry Y/n I'm just worried about you and Blake is all so when you didn't come back last night I thought you had run away." I grabbed a cigarette out of my pocket placing it in my mouth. "Look Yang it's fine." I light my cigarette now. "In all honesty I don't blame you for thinking that. I'll make an appearance at this dance tonight stay for a bit then I'm heading back to the dorm how's that sound." I inhaled some smoke now. "No you have to stay for the whole dance where is the fun in that?" I smirk a tiny bit. "Well I'm not too big on dancing but we will see I guess. I'll be back soon see you guys at the dance tonight." I hang up dropping my scroll on my bed. I get up making my way over to the window opening it. "I hope Blake appreciates this I wouldn't do this for anyone else." I finish up smoking and put my mask on ready to head back to Beacon.